Posts by spottydog10

Maybe my ears are getting old but I cant hear the difference with purecab on or off (and set to 10)
    I've tried a couple of clean, overdriven and more overdriven sounds to no avail.
    I'm going out of my SPDIF, into the soundcard and then out to headphones (it's late here) just cant hear it, sob.

jimification, I bend the string behind the nut pretty often to get it back in tune, usually the G is the culprit on mine.
    Like you, I really should get a better nut fitted, this would be my third.
    I do love the guitar itself though.
    Cheers,

It's all good advice but I tend to be a bit chaotic when recording and don't always remember how I do things at the time.
    I don't really want to stop and back stuff up at that moment. I suppose when the PC editor comes out that will show a history,
    Thanks,
    Mike

All very interesting chaps.

When I bought my replacement LP in 2008 I sent 2 guitars back as I felt the nut wasn't right.
    I was then told to use a thicker string gauge...
    Trying not to sound like an arsehole I told them I had been playing guitars for x amount of years and had been on x amount of successful tracks,
    I didn't need them to tell me which strings to use and if they weren't going to sort out the nut I wanted a full refund, whereby they DID replace the nut and the tuning is much better.
    I had a beautiful LP Deluxe gold top years ago (70's build I think) that for some reason I sold. What was I thinking...

Guess I wont get the Tuning System and stick to the old ways.
    PS. I don't think I've ever had a Gibson that stayed in tune for several songs:)
    Mike

I was actually wondering if the 2015 version would be worse not better as I heard Gibson are changing some of their woods (or the combinations of) on the cheaper Studio models.
    The new headstock logo looks a bit toy-like to me as well, just wondering if that's an indication.
    I'll have to do a bit more research and maybe try a couple out at my local shop.

Thanks paults, I just looked at their installation video, even I could fit it.
    Looks like they are not in the UK and I would have to import from Germany though.
    Do you have any views on the 2015 LP compared to my 2008 one?
    Cheers,
    Mike

I have a very nice Les Paul Studio in white from around 2008 and it's a lovely guitar playability and tone-wise.
    The newer 2015 LP Studio's come with the self tuning system, which I would love.
    Being mainly a studio player I'm constantly having to tune between takes. (I xxxxing hate tuning)
    My question is, I know the 2015 LP's have been updated in various ways, are there aspects of my 2008 guitar that is better than the 2015 vintage?
    I suppose the tuning system cant be added on to a guitar can it?

Thanks,
    Mike

I'm always losing count of where I am when I record.
    If I want to go pack to the last patch used (or further) is there a way to scroll back thru a history?
    If I use the left arrow button it doesn't seem to do it unless I'm even more stupid than I thought (quite likely)

Mike

Thanks all for the kind words, the mix is a bit lumpy low end but that's the best I can do.
    Ingolf I am originally from the Beat Capital of the world Liverpool, it must be in the genes.

It's a song demo not a Kemper demo but all the guitars and bass are Kemper, nice cleanish Vox AC's from Pete's Profiles mostly.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Woof!