Posts by Kaydehillmusic

would like to busk using the Kemper (non powered) for the guitar profiles and to play backing tracks through whilst I perform. I already know how to run backing tracks through the Kemper but I need advice on an amplification setup and means to power both the Kemper and amplification unit. I would need the setup to be portable, able to be powered for decent amounts of time and for the sound quality to be at a good overall standard. I have looked into generators as a means of power however due to the expense, noise and portability I felt that a sine wave inverter system may be a better approach? Though I am no means an expert in this field hence why I am asking for advice. I realise that to get good results this probably cant be done on the absolute cheap however I am not looking for a complete optimum system. I need a setup that I can trust will be reliable and deliver good results in sound quality and power however I would like to keep at fairly low cost if and where possible. I appreciate the help! Thanks

Been getting some better tones with different set ups. Turns out the unit does have a fault, the LCD screen has been glitching and profiles are sometimes missing on startup. I have spoken to Kemper on the phone and went through various procedures but it has not made a difference. The Place that I ordered it are having a new one sent out though so I am happy :)

Firmware is updated, maybe I should have a play about, my only concerns were because Every distorted tone has that swishy bottom end to it, also I understand how a difference in set up such as guitars used etc will effect the tone but on profiles i have used, the raw tone demonstrations with no processing are not even close in quality, their far better.

The guitar is passive, Bare knuckle painkiller in the bridge.
    The thing is though all the distorted profiles have this same bottom end mush to them, that annoying tone that's recognised with a cheap amp sim.

I think it could possibly be defective unit however, The LCD screen started to glitch quite often so followed Kempers instructions to restore and initiate the flash. Once this was done I then re installed the factory profiles and it all loaded and installed as it should. Then once the unit reset for the last stage they had all gone minus the Keith Merrow Gemini profile which should of been wiped initially :?:

The thing is also, I understand he will have state of the art recording equipment but that first Gemini profile is exactly the same as how he uses in his video, and the sound I get isn't even close, just sounds very processed.

Im going into interface from main outs, I checked in the monitor output section, the cab off is not ticked. When turning cab off by pressing the cabinet button on the front panel I get an even thinner brittle sound of that helps, I assume that's because Cab really is off. But my problem is a more bassy mushy unrealistic tone.

Hi there,

I have just received the Kemper today, to cut to the chase I can not seem to get a good sound from the Kemper (As I am a new user this may be my fault so I am NOT blaming the Kemper!)

I have connected the main outs on the Kemper to the inputs on my interface (Focusrite 2i2) which is then routed out to the monitors (KRK Rokit 5) I have also alternatively tried connecting through my sound craft mixer but there is no difference in sound quality. The sounds that I am getting from the Kemper sound very digital bass heavy and processed. And as stands at the moment equal in quality to my Boss GT-10 which should not be the case :D Saying that the clean tones are quite nice but I would say none of the profiles sound like an original amp. To see if It was just the factory profiles that were not the best of quality I downloaded the Keith Merrow Gemini profile, Hot Rod Soldano Profile and Ola rectifier. All three sounded better but again very processed and fuzzy

The firmware has been updated and I am certainly not writing off the Kemper I just want to understand how I can achieve good results like those in all the videos.

Thanks! Would appreciate the help!!!

Hi there,

I have just received the Kemper today, to cut to the chase I can not seem to get a good sound from the Kemper (As I am a new user this may be my fault so I am NOT blaming the Kemper!)

I have connected the main outs on the Kemper to the inputs on my interface (Focusrite 2i2) which is then routed out to the monitors (KRK Rokit 5) I have also alternatively tried connecting through my sound craft mixer but there is no difference in sound quality. The sounds that I am getting from the Kemper sound very digital bass heavy and processed. And as stands at the moment equal in quality to my Boss GT-10 which should not be the case :D Saying that the clean tones are quite nice but I would say none of the profiles sound like an original amp. To see if It was just the factory profiles that were not the best of quality I downloaded the Keith Merrow Gemini profile, Hot Rod Soldano Profile and Ola rectifier. All three sounded better but again very processed and fuzzy

The firmware has been updated and I am certainly not writing off the Kemper I just want to understand how I can achieve good results like those in all the videos.

Thanks! Would appreciate the help!!!