Posts by Luca79

Found a way to import them!
    I had to rename the file names, I'll never know why, but in the end it worked.

And it was worth, because there is a very very cool Matchless profile in there!

Thanks Michael for the support!

I'm having some problems in importing the Pack1 Version2 profiles in my KPA....
    First time I tried it imported only 6 of them, then I rebooted the KPA and it imported some more, but still the new Matchless ones and the tweaked Trainwrecks are missing.
    Any idea? I have 2.7.01418

Thank you!

Great! Where can I download the Ruppert "Surf's Up" profile?
    I couldn't find it in the "Bill Ruppert & Pitch Demo Rig Packs" on the Kemper website.

Thanks!

Strictly sound-wise, is SPDIF noticeably better than using the Master Output when going into a digital recorder?

I have always used the KPA Master Output and to my ears (monitoring with headphones), the sound coming out from the recorder is not degraded.

I'm asking because if the incoming SPDIF signal breaks for whatever reason, my recorder stops working and loses all the data, needing to re-format the drive (not funny...). Kord D3200, has this strange thing.

So, if you think SPDIF sound a lot better, I'll save everything and try it.... what do you think?

Yes, I don't know if it was originally made for guitar (I guess so, because it has a one-octave-down shifter), but it is a solid deep sound, my Precision likes it.
    Fender Bassman 1961 through a Mesa 4x12 ? .... mmm.... sounds like a cool rocky rig. Where do you find these details Alex?

Was browsing through factory rigs and found this one called "Bass transformer", disengaged the pitch shifter and wow it works great for a big deep fundamental bass tone!

Anyone knows what amp or DI was it taken from?

It looks like good stuff from Andy and EHX genius Bill Ruppert, that's what I can read.

Wow, that's a cool deep approach, thanks for sharing.

Basically, you are first compressing, then subtractive EQ'ing, then compressing again.

I have an 1176-style unit (Cali76 from Origin Effects) and was wondering if it's better put in front of the KPA while recording, or in the effects loop, or in the post processing, given the fact that I also need to make those EQ corrections.

So, I have this bass guitar that has a few boomy notes on the fretboard (they are louder and bad resonating) and I'm trying to solve the issue.

I fired up two Studio Equalizers in the slots before the amp section and cut around 7db in two different areas with a tight Q, and that seems to work in taming the boom.

But now I want to compress for a punchier and more consistent sound: where can I place an external hardware compressor unit? If I put it in front of the KPA, I'm afraid it would make no sense, because it would be going to compress the whole instrument signal (not EQ sculpted).

I guess the easiest way would be using the KPA compressor in another effect slot, after the EQ's, but I'd like using my external Compressor as it has the sound I want.

Is the Effect Loop in the KPA placed in the right position for my purpose? Any other ideas?

Thanks for the help!

Great Mats, I'm mainly a Tele player and I've heard some incredibly creamy-but-explosive rock tones coming from a 70's Dumble paired with a vintage Esquire, so I'm very very curious to hear what do you find... please keep us updated!

Thanks Mats.
    Are these in the smooth refined Ford/Carlton vein, or also more 70-ish raw, open tone-wise? Dumbles circuits are all amazing but can sound so different!

Very tempting pack.... pack 2 has a few Dumble profiles (one clean and one overdriven if I remember well), is this stuff from the same amp? (not talking about the Fuchs and Ceriatone, just the Dumble).

Can anyone enlighten me on this subject?

Using an Ipod with its 3.5 mm jack out, how do I connect and set things in order to playing guitar along with the Ipod songs (of course being able to adjust the two volumes the way I like)?

I read the manual passage, but I can't find any 3.5 mm "Auxiliary Input", only a 1/4' "Alternative Input" on the back.

Thank you!

Gianfranco, many many thanks. Grazie!

I can say that lowering the input level on my recorder solved the problem, in fact raising the headphones/monitor volumes to compensate makes things sound right.

However: in this way (2 cables go from the KPA main outputs to two recorder inputs), the recorded guitar becomes a stereo track.... and sometimes I like a simple old-school mono track.
    How can I record in mono if two cables are coming out from the KPA?

I was thinking about setting one single track on the recorder to "look" at both inputs, so that both inputs "flow" into one single track. Or maybe simply using only one of the KPA Main ouputs?

Thanks Gianfranco.
    I'm not aware of different input settings on the Korg (Line level vs Mic level ?)... I regularly connect a keyboard to two inputs and it works fine, I just have to use the -26db pads but that's to be expected with keyboard levels.
    On the KPA I entered the Output Menu you told me, but the various settings didn't make a difference.

The meter on the Korg show safe values for the track I'm using as long as I keep the faders reasonably low, I think it's the input that clips so much, yes I use the -26db pads but it's not enough, and I can't reduce volume to the point of almost no sound!

The sound out of the KPA through headphones is perfect, but the sound out of the Korg through headphones is bad, I hope I described the situation.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

I tried going with an XLR cable from "Left Main Output" of KPA (left or right I guess it makes no difference) to channel input of the Korg but it was no different than using a regular guitar cable (maybe just a hotter signal).

I also tried reducing the main output in the output menu as suggested, the signal loses volume but still distorts badly.

Hi all, I just got my new KPA, upgraded to 2.6 firmware and downloaded a few rigs to test.

Using the "headphone" out, I am very very happy with the sound of this machine. Really amazing.

The problem is, I bought the KPA for recording, and my setup is made of a Korg D3200 all-in-one machine.

If I go from "Main Output" of the KPA to the channel input of the track I want to record on the Korg, the sound is colder and clips with nasty distortion.
    I monitor things with headphones using the "headphones out" of the Korg, but it seems there is no way to avoid clipping.

I tried using the -26db pad on the recording channel input, it helps a little, but then the volume level gets so low that it almost disappears. Unuseable if I have to overdub a guitar part while all the song playing.

I tried with "clean sense", using "direct out", using "monitor out" with no success.... My guitar is a vintage Tele with low output pickups, so I'm not overloading anything (and in fact, as I stated earler, if I use headphones to hear only guitar + KPA, it sounds beautiful).

Thanks in advance for the help, I guess it's a tough one.... ;(