Posts by DamianGreda

I've never tried but - if you want a spring reverb you could try to combine impulse response of an clean amp + spring reverb+ cab with cab maker. But for me is another feature - impulse response profiled fx so you can profile all the reverb pedals and fx out there . The only limitations is the impulse response length for the hardware and calculation cost for convolution. Or it can be done simply with the allpass filter algorithm.

The compressor is highly dependent on time (release and attack) and i've tried profiling a compressor with no luck. Hovever Kemper can profile the nonlinearity of the compressor with assumption that it have an infinite release time and attack time. But optical compressors have release times (from 10ms to 2s) and attack times greater then 5 ms. From my point of view Kemper sounds patterns cannot predict gain-over-the-time parameters.

The profiling of tube optical compressors will definitely increase the value and versatility of the Kemper.

Hi , I want to take a profile of my optical compressor but i fount that Kemper do not profile time dependent FX's. So my suggestion is to add algorithm to profile compressors of all kind(selectable with additional option - clean , distortion, compressor). When you select an compressor mode the Kemper will generate a series of burst waves to take a time dependent parameters(gain) across the whole audio spectrum. I think this is possible but need to implement additional profiling algorithms like nebula soft based on patents.
    You could also add a reverb profiling algorithm based on imulse response . I saw there a lot of people wan to to have a spring reverb - so you can do a effect with uploadable IR from the net. :) I know there are some hardware limitations but with some optimalisations maybe this is possible.
    With regards
    Damian Greda