Posts by Hopeguitar

Thank you everybody for the replies! I have a inserting tale for everybody... Note that all prices mentioned are Canadian!

I hadn't really thought about the pedals in about a week. While on lunch today I just happened to feel inclined to check out the site that I was planning on buying one of these. Even before I made my original post, I was thinking about getting the RJM already, but I wanted to check too see what others thought. The first thing I went to was the MMLT, and low and behold, it was 15% off! Naturally I placed an order. When All was said and done, it cost $528 shipped to my Door! I actually got it for cheaper then the list price of $550 for the GCP (mind you, it was 20%, and would have come to $492, so that made price a non issue)!

I guess that Old saying is true..... Good things come to those who wait :)

To start off, the reason I'm not looking at the remote is because I have a couple different setups that I like to use for different things, so I want a universal Midi controller.

Now that thats out of the way, I looking to get a midi controller for the Kemper. Back in the day I had always wanted to get a GCP, but that was before all the other options became available. Lately Ive been looking at the Mastermind LT, and was dead set on getting it, but I have the option to get a brand new GCP for quite a bit less. The price difference would be about $120 dollars. From what Ive read, the RJM stuff is super easy to use with the kemper, and requires very little messing around. Any have experience with both? I'm still leaning towards the Rjm, but if the GCP work fine, and not too complicated, Would consider it instead.

What everyone! I am a potential kemper customer! I was wondering if anyone has any experience a Voodoo lab ground control to control the kemper? I know that kemper has the control, but it would be nice to have something like the ground control for other purposes.

Hey there! I did a video a couple months ago using a similar process. Here is the clip

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I played live in the video, but pre-recording the parts would give you a similar result.
    1) The way I did it was I do is I import whatever song you are covering into your daw. Whatever song it is, your gonna have to convert the mp3 file into a wav file. This is pretty easy in itunes. Just google mp3 conversions and it will give instructions.
    2) Record your track(s)! If you decide to do it live, I recommend getting someone to help you out. It can be a pain having to constantly get up and down to press record on all of your devises.
    3) Mix your recorded track(s) so that it is at a good mix with your imported song track.
    4) Record your video if you haven't done so yet.
    5) Open Imovie and bring in all the media you are going to use. Now you are gonna have to sink everything up. This can be time consuming, and a bit of a pain. Just be patient! ALSO, make sure you watch the video all the way through, just because it is in sink at the beginning doesn't it will be by the end! To lower the volume in Imovie, you can just mute the volume on it.

I think I've covered everything. This is just how I go about it, though if someone has a better way, I'd love to hear it as well. I used a kemper to do my video, though it was just a loner :( One day, I will have one!

Hey there! I did a video a couple months ago using a similar process. Here is the clip

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I played live in the video, but pre-recording the parts would give you a similar result.
    1) The way I did it was I do is I import whatever song you are covering into your daw. Whatever song it is, your gonna have to convert the mp3 file into a wav file. This is pretty easy in itunes. Just google mp3 conversions and it will give instructions.
    2) Record your track(s)! If you decide to do it live, I recommend getting someone to help you out. It can be a pain having to constantly get up and down to press record on all of your devises.
    3) Mix your recorded track(s) so that it is at a good mix with your imported song track.
    4) Record your video if you haven't done so yet.
    5) Open Imovie and bring in all the media you are going to use. Now you are gonna have to sink everything up. This can be time consuming, and a bit of a pain. Just be patient! ALSO, make sure you watch the video all the way through, just because it is in sink at the beginning doesn't it will be by the end!

I think I've covered everything. This is just how I go about it, though if someone has a better way, I'd love to hear it as well. I used a kemper to do my video, though it was just a loner :( One day, I will have one!

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Audiochains: I just uploaded it! Just look up "klok tone". Just one thing to keeping mind, because of the pickups in the guitar, and the fact that the songs are in C standard, I amp was saturated quite a bit more then normal when I'm using my main guitars, and the treble was all boosted more then normal.

rothko61: Thanks a lot my friend! I'm glad you liked it! The tuning is: D A Db G# A E. If your nervous about tuning the g up the half step, just bring the whole thing down a semitone!

Hello Everyone. I wrote pretty much the same thing in a mother part of the forum. I wasn't sure which one would be more appropriate to post in. I'm a fairly new member to the forum (I actually joined about 2 months ago, but this is my first time posting). I was able to get my hand on Kemper for for a few weeks a couple months back. I shot a video with it which you can view here:

The profile was taken with my Engl Powerball, and my Engl 4X12 pro with v30s. It has to be one of the coolest and most usable pieces of gear I have ever played, not to mention it makes recording a breeze! I really hope to own one for myself in the near future. Hope you enjoy.

P.s Not Kemper related, just a little shameless self promotion. This is a video I shot for my good Friend and amazing acoustic guitar luthier Sheldon Schwartz Hope you enjoy!

Hello Everyone. I'm a fairly new member to the forum (I actually joined about 2 months ago, but this is my first time posting). I was able to get my hand on Kemper for for a few weeks a couple months back. I shot a video with it which you can view here:

The profile was taken with my Engl Powerball, and my Engl 4X12 pro with v30s. It has to be one of the coolest and most usable pieces of gear I have ever played, not to mention it makes recording a breeze! I really hope to own one for myself in the near future. Hope you enjoy.

P.s Not Kemper related, just a little shameless self promotion. This is a video I shot for my good Friend and amazing acoustic guitar luthier Sheldon Schwartz

Hope you enjoy!