Posts by joetomb

Ok. Here's what I found:

Peter from Kemper support recommended me to get a Kemper DI to see if it makes any difference, because it is fully passive....as per ckemper's comment above.

However, regardless the Kemper DI, I found out that I made two errors.

One, I had both the Kemper and the amp connected to a cab when profiling (one to left speakers and the other to right speakers). To make things worse, the 4x12 cab had different speakers on the left and right channel (which I found out after opening the rear panel). So this pretty much confused and fooled my ears.
    Two, I used Two Notes Torpedo Captor and connected the cab to the attenuator (to save my ears when profiling in a confined space). The attenuator (and I believe all attenuator products out there) changes the sound. It makes your amp sounds brighter. As a result, I ended up setting the amp to a darker setting. Kemper profiled exactly this. So when I played the profiled sound, it sounded...well..dark. Then I compared this with the amp that is connected to the attenuator which sounded....awesome. Duuuh.
    So when everything set up properly, the profiled sound is pretty damn close to the original. I thought I noticed the difference in the dynamics when playing it but maybe it's because I know which one was which. Probably can't tell in a blind test.

Anyhow, I ended up getting a Kemper DI as recommended and did not find any major improvements compared to the Two Notes. At least when comparing them through a cab. Will check through IR when i get the chance.

All in all, still loving my Kemper. It's an excellent live and recording tool. If lost, I would get another one in a heartbeat....despite all the other competitors these days. Their support is also awesome. The local distribution here in Melbourne Australia is also very helpful.

I'm still having another issue with the pitch/whammy....but that's another topic.

I'm having the same exact issue as the above but with Peavey 6505+ in high gain setting. I started thinking that my unit was faulty?
    Very mid heavy, lacking bass and brightness.
    I have sent the query to Kemper support. I'll update if and when I get a response.

Pressing the output button is showing `Monitor Cab off` checked twice and pure cabinet is off of course case the cabinet is completely off. This is a DI amp profile. the cab is completely off.

Clean Sens & Distortion Sens at set to 0.0dB. Not sure what else we should check for ?

Same here. Pretty sure the Cab is off and pure cabinet is off.

I have sent this query to Kemper's support. Will update if and when I get a comment/advice from them.

Till then, keep scratching my head.

Thanks benmars800,
    That is actually true. I never tried that before. But when routing that same DI profile to the original amp's power section...boom you get the glorious sound.
    So somehow the DI profile is not replicating the power amp section of the real amp? I'm pretty sure this is not meant to be. I remember reading somewhere that the DI profile (of a tube amp) is not suitable for playing through a real tube amp because it will be a tube amp through a tube amp.

Any more ideas?

Hey all,

I have been doing some DI profiling and come across this issue.
    When A/B-ing the reference amp and the kemper during the profiling process, the profile sounds very close to the reference amp (ie the way it should be).
    However, once this profile is saved and played in the browser mode the sound is completely different - it's not even close to the original. Flat and flabby bass, mid through the roof and flat treble.
    I re-checked all my connections use different cables etc. with no better results. I guess they could not have been the issue since the profile sounds perfect when played during the profiling process.
    I don't make many profiles but I don't recall having this issue the previous time I did. Makes me think maybe something is broken?
    Will appreciate any ideas.

Thanks.

Thanks for the replies everyone,

Took it to the distributor (seemed to be the only people who know anything about the unit)
    They inspected it and said the voltage regulator and one of the boards were burnt.
    Replaced them and good as new.
    They also said mine was the second unit they've ever seen with this fault.

Hi all,

I plugged in my KPA this afternoon and switched to Perform Mode.
    A few seconds later....a funny noise started (like something being fried) and the unit was literally engulfed in smoke..(smelled kinda like microwave pop corn).
    The unit still works....except for the power amp section. I think it got fried.
    Has anyone had similar experience? Is this a repair-able?

Thanks

Hi all,

Can anyone help with the procedure to assign morphing via the remote?
    All the info I've read says to press the active rig button to engage the 'morph button' (ie. the top button).
    This does not seem to work for me. I have downloaded the latest OS 5.4.1.13212

Alternatively, the similar procedure through the KPA unit itself?

Thanks

Have just upgraded to the new OS 5.0.3 from OS 3 and noticed the following changes;
    1. Strobe tuner. Have since discovered how to return to the old bubble which I prefer
    2. Button functionality. Say I step on Patch number 1 (which has no effects on) and then step on effect 1 then 2 then 3. With the old OS, I could just step on patch 1 again and all effects would turn off (and hence avoid the tap dancing). This is now not the case anymore. Is there anyway to tweak to be able to revert to the old OS functionality (without downgrading the OS)?

Thanks