Posts by SoulDesign

Hi. I have a Safire pro 40 for recording at home, but I'm wanting something way smaller, more mobile for on the go.

i see there's quite a few options, but I'm confused/torn about using spdif or just analog outs.

Would i be better served with just a simple spdif to usb converter like the behringer u-control,

or should I forget the SPDIF and get like a focusrite 2i2??

I've spent the last 2 hours using the torpedo as my cab and mic's to profile my 90's dual rec

ok, I'm impressed! I thought I had given up hope on the KPA, but now I'm starting to see its value.

I'm not sure how the rig manager works, but if you start to see profiles called "TK DR (insert cab name)," check em out and let me know what you think.

Ok I'm with it to test again

on page 6 of SYSTEM, I don't have anything to control "power amp" ?

and I did the above post about checking the output menu. Everything is checked on, and I still have no sound. Yes, master volume is up

Oh I really don't want to reset it! I just spent prolly 12 solid hours the last 2 days getting some tones with effects and things that I liked. I'll have to just check the output section when I'm with it again.

Ive managed to get some nice clean tones with some fender twin and AC30 profiles.

ive also found an author that must have similar ears, haha. Pete something, can't remeber right now. but most of his profiles use 3 mics . Im enjoying some bogner xtc and fortin marshall

When i get home, I'm going to profile some of my mesa's tones with the torpedo

hi. Im super new to this KPA stuff so this may be(hopefully) an easy fix.

I have the 600watt powerhead. I hooked it up to a 4x12 the first day i got it, which was a few days ago, and it worked, right out of the box.

I went to do the same last night, and i dont get any sound at all?

is there something in settings ive accidentally changed? i should just be able to plug a speaker cable from the red output jack to the cab right?

thanks!

I would suggest this rig on the exchange:

MESA-DR 2ch.RED

by Peter j.

was this a joke? cause i found the profile you suggested and it almost broke my eardrums. i dont know if theres something wrong with my KPA but this profile is so loud, even with the master volume even barely on, the output light turns red and your ears start bleeding??

I also just got off the phone with focusrite, and they got my KPA and Torpedo working with the saffire pro 40 using SPDIF. absolutely fantastic tech support!

so anyway. Im gonna try profiling my own amp and try to find some more profiles before i give up.

thanks

note: im after heavy, mid to hi gain distorted sounds. I normally play through an early 90's Dual Rec.

Hello all

i just got my first kemper about a week ago. I've been playing with it every evening after work, and trying to record with it to compare to other things I had been using. So far, I'm not very impressed, and I'm hoping you might be able to help me.

I've yet to find any profiles that I really dig. Unfortunately for me, I can always tell/hear that I'm playing through something other than a true tube amp. And don't get confused..... I REALLY want this thing to work for me, cause it will be soooo much cheaper,and convenient than collecting amps and lugging them around everywhere.

i also got a torpedo live just a week or so before I got the kemper, and so far, i find I like the results I'm getting through it more than the kpa.

I went through A LOT of profiles on the rig exchange and picked out some decent ones. so I decided to set up my own blind test, with the help of my wife, to make sure that I wasnt subconsciously disliking the KPA because "its not a real tube amp".

I played the same chorus from 1 of my originals a total of 22 times (blah), using 11 different tones, 3 from torpedo live, the rest from the KPA. twice each so i could pan them L and R. I then EQ'd them to make each one sound as best as it could. I then had my wife go through and randomly choose 1 at a time and let me listen to it a couple times. She wrote down what order she played them in, and i made notes on each profile, things i liked and things i didnt, and made a guess for what tone i thought it might be. and finally she gave me her sheet, and i compared it to my notes.

Much to my disappointment, i got them all right :( I knew exactly which ones were KPA profiles, and which ones were the torpedo live. and i still preferred the torpedo over any of the KPA tones.

the only thing i havent done yet, is profile MY Dual Rec and try to compare its tone to the real one..... but even if it matches it 100%, i havent found any other hi gain tones i like, so what would be the point?

Does anyone have any suggestions for improving KPA hi gain tones, or do you know of any Dual Rec profiles that youre sure are gonna blow me away? If i can find a few tones that i love, id love to keep the KPA for all of its easy transportation if nothing else.

thank you!