Posts by EpiphanyOfMusic

Alright, so before I purchased all these new goodies I had a simpler setup.
    Guitar to Interface & then a Cubase Track with Amplitube.
    It tracked only D.I but used Amplitube as a VSTi to hear a effected (Amped) channel with the Direct Monitoring Button. I could bypass Amplitube and hear just the D.I
    I could also Input Monitor Amplitube so while tracking I heard a nice Amp Preset

Now I have Kemper Cubase and FocusRite
    I need help in figuring this out

I need to Track a D.I (I intend to edit anything off time or doesn't sound right)
    However I want to hear the Kemper while tracking

Then AFTER I edit the D.I
    Reamp a fully edited and perfected guitar track

Keep in mind I have Mix Control from FocusRite in the loop as well

Do I need to route Mix Control to reamp? Can I just route the D.I out into Kemper and Kemper back into DAW with Spdif without the use of that Program?

The guy at guitar center told me I need to route with the program as well

So I finally set up my Kemper and my FocusRite 18i20
    I just have a few questions regarding the Mix Control.

I know this is not really a Kemper question but I mainly use my DAW to track guitars

Does the Mix Control Program control the volume amount being sent to my Cubase with the Kemper?

Example being say I set Kemper to the interfaces Analog 1 input

On Mix Control if I raise or lower the analog 1 fader will that control the level going into my DAW for tracking?

Or simpler question

If I am clipping when tracking into my DAW what do I adjust the Output on Kemper

Or Output in MixControl

I have the 18i20 and going to put it together tonight after work

The only thing that I'm a little worried about is the Mix Control the guy at GC said you need to route the Kemper in that program as well as in the DAW

Essentially I want to do 2 things

1. Track a D.I signal while also hearing the Kemper Channel

2. After editing the D.I Signal
    Send it back into the Kemper and re amp it edited back into the DAW

Interface came with no Software just Cubase

Lets look at this with 3 scenarios

KPA with Monitors to it ( Sounds Perfect. Good Volume no Distortion)

B: KPA to Interface with Cubase running. Audio Channel with Input Monitoring on ( Sounds awesome just need adjust output level to not peak)

C: KPA to Interface. No DAW Open (Volume is low. Raising any Volume or Output distorts tgs Amp and sounds horrid)

And lastly I want a new interface cause mine doesn't have Spdif

I may have figured it out. I was trying to run the KPA to my interface without my DAW running

Once I opened Cubase. Made an Audio Track and turned on Input Monitoring the KPA sounded amazing again

Problem is I had to Zero out my Gain on my UR22

I intend to record a D.I signal for re amping. So I really need a good Audio interface that wont be so unnecessarily temperamental

Any suggestion? I want a Rack interface prob too

Alright so I got a lot of help in another thread from the awesome people on here thank you

I got my Kemper to sound good in my interface. I'm gonna be descriptive as possible

I kept having to dial up my Input Gain on my Interface (UR22) to get the volume up but it was distorting and coloring the Rig awful. This is cause I was trying to run the Kemper - AI - Monitors without my DAW open

Once I opened my Cubase and selected Input Monitoring. The Vol went to normal without the need to crank the Gain Knob

Problem was I had to Zero out the Gain Knob to not have any distorting and lower the Output Volume on Kemper so my audio was clipping in the session

My worry is the I intend to record a D.I and fear I'd need to raise that Input Volume (UR22) to get the DI at decent level as well.

All in all I think I need a better Audio Interface that won't distort the KPA too much and would like some help please

I took everyones advice and plugged direct into Monitors and man What a difference
    With the KPA to my interface anytime i raise volume it colors my tone differently

With KPA direct to Monitors, I raise volume it doesnt alter the tone

Anyone have any advice what interface to get that I wont have this issue

Thank you, a lot of you have been so helpful
    I am going to tinker with it today and try and get things right.

The headphones sound amazing so I have a reference of the sound without direct connecting the monitors.
    The problem is I need the Monitors connected to my interface to record and hear everything

I may buy the FocusRite rack interface to replace my UR22 as well

Another question do I need to connect both Outputs to both Interface Inputs cause I am only using Right out (Kpa) to Right In (UR22)

Also Phantom Power will be shut off.

Alrighty so after tinkering here is what is going on (my theory)

I plugged the headphones into the Kemper and it sounds great but the monitor it sounds like garbage. I am running very good Mackie Monitors.

XLR from the MainOut (Kemper) to the XLR In on the (UR22 by Steinberg)

Now I notice I have to raise the Gain on the UR22's XLR Input and I think it is distorting and messing up the Kempers sound but there's no other way to get the volume raised without using the Gain knob?

I Unboxed my Kemper today and hooked it up. I have a UR22 by Steinberg (No Spdif ) so I routed it XLR from back of the Kemper into the input of my interface and tried it out

So far it sounds like a stomp box or cheap digitech. I know I have to read the users manual but coming out of my Mackie 824's everything is thuddy or tinny, and it just sounds completely awful

Anyone have any tips or anything that can help inspire some enthusiasm back into me?
    For the record ive been a plug and play Amp kind of guy so the whole tinkering with settings frustrates me and I apologize