Posts by coiler

I'd like to be able to sort by gain or amp name views in browse mode on the Profiler as in Rig Manager. Is there some reason why these views can't be introduced on the Profiler browser?

I would also like to see a view under browse mode for the "Rig Comment" field from Rig Manager.

This is my first post and I'm still in the shallow end of the pool, but I'm trying better organize the numerous rigs. As a new user, I've been a bit overwhelmed by the versatility and variety the Profiler offers. Rig Manager helps immensely, but for times when I don't have the Profiler tethered to a computer I would like to be able to sort in ways similar to those suggested by Maurizio's Backup on the Wiki page (gain, amp brand, amp model, effect demos, etc.).

My current approach is to use Rig Manager to save the original rig name in the "Rig Comment" field, and introduce my own variation of Maurizio's naming convention to the rig name. One of the drawbacks to this approach is I lose the ability to sort by the original rig name on the Profiler.

For basic amp rigs my current preference is to be able to sort by gain and then amp manufacturer and model. I understand the difficulty here, given the variety of ways the amps appear in the rig tags. I'm thinking that if we could sort by "Rig Comment", then each of us so inclined could introduce whatever scheme strikes us as appropriate at the time to augment the more basic information.

I'm currently still at firmware level 2.7.4.10594, but I didn't see anything in the release notes for 3.0 about this, so I thought I would suggest it.