Posts by TomVanSchaijk

Although everyone is entitled to have their own opinion, and the right to express it, it seems that nowadays, people feel that they HAVE to express it, or it ruins their day.
    Most people could use a bit more "shut the fuck up" in their lives ;) I don't know about other people, but I just don't have the time to spare to vent my own little negative opinion about everything, even if it doesn't effect me or my life whatsoever. For this topic however, I'm glad to make an exception ;)

Their are many other footswitches on the market, people have been using the kemper live for years now. If this dedicated switch doesn't fulfill your needs, look elsewhere. For all the rest: dig in!

No hard feelings however, and this post probably looks worse than it is ;)

I will agree though, that it is a bit pricey. But so is the alternative. Plus this is perfectly matched for the kemper. All solutions have some downsides compared to the KFC. It's either build quality, or functionality, or convenience and ease of use. It seems that, unless you use the KFC, you'll have to suffer in at least one of these areas. The fact that the looper is exclusive to the KFC, is a bit sneaky of course, or you could call it clever marketing. For me, it's not such a cool move from the company, something I'm not used to from Kemper, but hey, money is the name of the game. You can be damn sure that developing something like this and bringing it to the marketplace costs major €, especially in Germany. For that money, you'll get German quality. I've always used as much German gear (when it comes to amplification) as I could, and I'm willing to spend the money because I know it'll be durable, well thought-through, logical and it just works. (I'm not German by the way :p )

For the people that won't buy the KFC, but still want a switch: rest assured that a lot of 2nd hand stuff will hit the market come April :P

Yeah, not too happy about that long waiting time, but I have the gear to keep it all going until then. Was still hoping for the "early bird registration" to be somewhat more "early" :p
    I have a Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro, but don't recommend it just for the steep price you'll have to cough up. Maybe use the FCB, a whole lot of people seem to have that and it seems to do the job?

The moment I saw the picture, I just knew someone would ask about it :p
    Beats me though, it could be, but there are enough options on the market already.

It's called the Kemper Remote for a reason. If you want something universal, buy that. But then don't expect it to be optimized for the Kemper. By the same logic, don't buy a Kemper footswitch and expect it to work with other products. This is just plain logic...

Allright, sweet, you are the guy to speak to then. I bought the cab 2nd hand from a guy from Portugal.
    I guess we're onto something right away, I used the main out.
    Now, I'm new to all this, so I was under the impression that monitor out (with cab sim off) was to be used when going to a poweramp and a guitar cab, and the main out was to be used when using a frfr...

Hi all

Pretty new to kemper, I've owned it for 2 weeks now, nice unit all in all.
    However, today I did my first rehearsal with it. The Blue Amps 212 FR-A I bought with it is a pretty big dissappointment volume-wise. Just couldn't get through the mix. We play metal, 2 guitars, bass, drummer, nothing too crazy, and I never even came close to the volume the other guitar player had. He's running a pod xt live into a marshall poweramp, and I got completely drowned out. Then tried to go to the pa with the main out xlr. Another problem: it clipped immediately, tried to put that volume down to -30db, still shit. It distorted immediately, clipped as hell, unusable.

I'm selling my current amp (engl invader) to use the kemper as my main amp from now on, and was hoping to be able to go full frfr. At home, at "normal" volumes, it all sounds great and all of that, but at rehearsals, I think I'll have to go with a poweramp. Been thinking about a Matrix GT1600fx for that. Any experiences with that unit, anyone? At gigs with a decent PA system, the route to go to the FOH will still be my prefered option of course, since I want to benefit fully from the KPA. For own monitoring though, the frfr solution that I have doesn't seem to be hacking it, so a poweramp behind it looks to be the best option right now. I tried to run the kemper through the Marshall poweramp the other guitar player had and disabled the cab for that. Immediately sounded nice. Not great, but still pretty good. I'm still trying to find the time to get the most out of the KPA, didn't have that much time lately because of a busy work schedule, but I'll definitly make more time before we go on tour in Feb. By then, I'd like to have the entire rig figured out.

So, in short, after a rehearsal I can say the Blue Amps 212 FR-A doesn't cut it volume-wise, unless (I hope so) I'm doing something way wrong. It's a nice cab, at home it shines, but in a live-setting, I doubt the useability. Any tips?

Grts
    Tom