Posts by jimmyj

The more I read these type posts the more I am convinced that not all Kempers are created equal. I have a powerhead rack and no matter how hard I try I can't get it to sound as good as most of the videos I see on Youtube. I have tried fourteen different guitars and it still makes no difference.

So far I have owned a pair of QSC Kw122's, a pair of Mackie SRM 450's, a pair of Verve 12ma's, a pair of Alto's and a Traynor K4 and I wasn't happy with any of them until I obtained a pair of Atomic CLR's and then added a Port City 2x12 cabinet with Celestions for the power head portion of the Kemper. The Port City absolutely gives the amp in the room sound I was missing with just FRFR. I use acoustic sims from my Roland VG99 and have a Kemper patch that uses more of the CLR's blended in and more of the Port City for electric guitar sounds.

I can't get the effects loop to work. I am trying to connect my Roland VG99 outs to the Kempers return input and alternative input so it will be in stereo. When I try to create a loop, either in stomps or x slots I get the warning. "No Loop Possible Aux input is used." I have all the Aux in's in Output set on zero which I read on here might cause a problem if they are above zero. After trying for hours with different hook ups I unplugged both the return input and the alternative input and I still am getting the same warning. I know I can use Spdif out of the VG99 into the Kemper but I use the VG99 as my sound card for the computer that is connected to it so I can use soft synths and vst's and so far I can't get the computer audio to work without using the main outs of the VG99. I used to have the computers stereo outs connected to the Kempers return and alt inputs and the loops worked then but that was when I was using Asio4all which causes a lot of unwanted sounds. I just updated my Kempers OS a few days ago if that makes a difference.Thanks

If I put my Roland VG99 in the effects loop of the Kemper can the Remote be used to change patches on the VG99. ? If so I assume I would connect the midi out of the Kemper into the midi in of the VG99. I have been using the Spdif out of the VG99 into the Kemper and the Guitar Out of the VG99 into the front input on the Kemper and this works but I can;t figure out how to switch between the VG99 and the Kemper in a live situation. When I switch my GK3 to regular pickups I get a distorted sound from the Kemper even when it's on a clean amp rig. Thanks

I am trying to run my Roland VG-99 into my Kemper via SPDIF which works fine but I also want to run my Kemper out via SPDIF into my Tascam 1884 recording console and also Focusrite ADAT machine into the Tascam. This seems to be a clock nightmare. Can anyone tell me if this is possible to do with some sort of word clock generator ? If it helps the Tascam 1884 has word sync In and Out plus SPDIF and Coax connections and the Focusrite ADAT has a Word Out connection. The Tascam has the ususal clicks and pops of not being able to select the correct Master. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I have a couple of Verve 12 ma's and so far they sound better than my 2 QSC KW 122's but I'm still lost trying to adjust the Kemper so that may change and yes the Verve 12 ma's will get very loud.

I am trying to connect my VG-99 to the Kemper using the stereo outs of the VG-99 into the Kemper but so far I can't seem to get it to work in stereo. I have tried connecting one cable to the Return Input and the other to the Alternative Input but I don't see any selection to have them both enabled at the same time. I know I can use S/PDIF and it seems to work in stereo but then the Clean Sense and Dist Sense doesn't work. The signal is just way too hot. I have only had the Kemper for a couple of weeks and have read the manual but I still am having a lot of trouble with the Input and Output sections. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks