Posts by Rotti

Hi, first-time poster over here. I'm also "Rotti" on the FAS forum.

SteelEdge, I'm building a "Rodney King Rig" like you've got laid out here and, truth be told, based a lot of my setup on your last post.

...but I'm running into some trouble that I hope you could help me out with (please keep in mind I've been using an AxeFxII for a few years, but am more or less a KPA noob).

With the output 2 knob on the FAS turned all the way up, when I boost the loop block to +20dB I always clip on output 1 of the FAS. I agree on the point that it hits the KPA with a stronger signal (obviously) and feels a little more like plugging directly into the KPA... but digital clipping is no bueno.

Have you run into this problem? And if so, what corrections have you made? Again, I'm very new with the KPA, but I found that boosting the FAS loop block only around 6dB was sufficient to recapture most of the direct feel and avoid clipping. Boosting 20dB also seemed to raise the noise significantly (also tried leaving the loop at +20 and lowering the KPA output... didn't really care for that personally).

I'm thinking that maaaybe the source of my problem is the output 1 knob on the FAS. Set at 9 O'clock, and running into a Matrix GT1000 with outputs A & B just past noon into a pair of passive CLRs, the volume just isn't there or live use. I think I'm on the wrong end of a balancing act between how much to boost the FAS loop and how hard to push output 1...?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!