Posts by aprilia4life

First things first, Aprilia's are motorbikes ;)

Secondly, I am in Australia, so Kempers are pretty rare, return policies are non existent, and shop staff are generally INCREDIBLY useless.

I am concerned that if the EVH PAmp/Cab setup doesn't sound too good, I am left with a KPA without the built in power amp.

What are my options after that? Would I have to buy a power amp with a neutral sound and monitors? Through my stereo? Through my Yamaha THR10X?

Hi All

I am interested in getting a KPA standard (NOT the poweramp version). I already have an EVH5150III 50W with matching EVH2x12 Cab (Two - 12" Celestion® G12H 30W Anniversary Series speakers)

I am wondering if there will be a need to purchase a separate power amp/new monitors/whatever, when I already have a power amp and cab. I would prefer not to have to purchase any more equipment to run the KPA.

What I have heard is that the amp and cab colours the sound, so profiles might sound similar, how badly does it do this? What are your experiences with this setup? Is it workable?

My main interest is in high gain metal tones, I wanted to get a rectifier as my next amp, but thought one tube amp is enough, so going the way of the KPA. So cleans/rock tones are far less important to me. I am not *too* fussy when it comes to amp sounds, I just know what I like.

Is a good rectifier tone achievable through the EVH Head with the EVH 2x12 cab? What about an engl/soldano/bogner/marshall/peavey etc?

Is the tube poweramp/cab workable, or am I just going to get frustrated when all the amp profiles end up sounding too similar due to the power amp and cab colouring the tone?

Thanks!