Posts by Eru

Haha don't worry about it Tilman! NZ is a loooong way to send a few measley machine screws and we're a metric country anyway :)

Got mine and installed today :thumbup:

For some reason my Palmers came without the mounting bolts (does anyone know the spec of those?) but I managed to number-8-wire a solution that I think is still mechanically sound.

Not noticing any of this extra bass, but I have my as the upper in a microstack so that might explain it. Seems pretty flat and extremely cab-like, I don't know if it's just a placebo from it looking like a guitar cab but it made me feel as if I was playing a regular amp!

I can't really tell the difference between the two modes, might that be because my clean/low-gain rigs won't have much higher harmonic content that the clipping would create in more br00ts profiles?

I'm guessing that the full-range input is the one that the leads from the x-over connect to and the guitar-range is the one connected to that by the jumpers.

Are we having a bit of a culture clash here perhaps? From what I gather, in the USA it is a given/expected that retail/hospo staff will bend over backward for customers. This is very different to here in NZ (and, I expect, many other commonwealth-heritage countries) where there is more of a 'meet half-way' relationship dynamic. I can't speak for what customer-service ideology is prevalent in Germany.

I guess my point is that US customers might be upset because they're used to the squeaky wheel getting the grease, while the Kemper people might not respond in the expected way since they're more into the courteous cat getting the cream; thus further antagonising the US customer! So we should all take a step back and remember that we're talking about a luxury electronic item.

I don't mean to offend anyone but I don't quite get what the fuss is about. In my memory it was always explicit that KFC could only be purchased separately directly from Kemper. This makes a lot more sense to me as I doubt there is hard data as to how many potential buyers there are in each area serviced by resellers, and it would be crap for people in, for example, New Zealand (like me!) to miss out because too much stock was sent to a retailer elsewhere that won't ship internationally.

I recently had an Axefx II and currently own a KPA, my evaluation is as follows:

• The Axe has amazing effects that can be routed pretty much any way you can imagine, while the Kemper has effects that I would best describe as as adequate with which you follow a more prescribed routing. I'm not a massive user of effects/use them in an orthodox way so this doesn't really affect me, but I do wish there was a spring reverb and a proper shimmer on the Kemper (although the axe doesn't have true shimmer IMO either).
    • The Axe is seems heavily geared toward the br00tz crowd in terms of amp tones, even the Blackface Twin model is hard to keep clean, and you're at the mercy of what Cliff wants to give you (and he seems far more interested in making IMO minute improvements to heavily driven sounds than giving the unit a more broad sonic palette). With the Kemper you have what seems like an infinite number of sounds from clean to devastating and if you find a good sound it won't be broken by some tinkering in the grid resistor network or whatever that Fractal decide to do in a future firmware. To my ears the amps in the Kemper simply sound better (and that's the bottom line isn't it?). This is funny because the Axe uses a far more complicated modelling system, from what I've gathered, but doesn't sound as good (there's a good lesson there).
    • The community here on the Kemper forums is very welcoming and answer any questions about what the unit can and can't do pretty honestly. This is a MASSIVE contrast to my experience to the Fractal community, where you get torn a new one by the 'elite' if you offer anything but praise for the company or ask a question that sounds like it critical. The whole attitude of the user being the problem and not being owed anything by a company they have dished out thousands to gets old very fast with me, it's simply rude and unhelpful. While every community has its good and bad eggs, I much prefer this one and having a nice experience on the product forums outweighs any kind of superiority the Axe might have in the effects department for me.

In all honesty I bought the KPA in anticipation of Andy's Z-Wreck profiles, it was cheaper than buying the actual amp, and almost as if by fate they were launched as my profiler arrived 8)

Although I'm still 100% happy with my live setup (Mark V, 112 and a Timeline) I'm now putting together a Kemper rig, this 70-day lead on the remote is killing me haha!