Posts by cptbuzz

Hope that someone can help me out on this. My toaster, that I use for 8 years in the meanwhile doesn‘t react to the local knobs.(EQ etc) Editing via the RM works fine . Version 8.7.20.44681. init globals didn’t solve the problem. Customer support proposed to send it in for possible hardware failure. Would it possibly help to clean all presets and rigs, retry an init globals ? Or reinstall a previous software Version via usb stick ?
    Any thoughts or experience?

Thanks for any hints in advance !

I experienced poor quality on my earphones, too while my FoH was alright. In my case it was the poor LD MEI 100 IEM, attenuating some db at around 10kHz.

Since I am pretty sure that you UE's provide excellent sound quality, you'll have to think over your routing of the signal. You could do the following: Send your Kemper signal to the mixing console and rely on the guy there to provide a great sound to the audience. Tell him to provide you with a stereo signal from the console without your guitar (important). (You can work with a mono signal, too but you'll have to connect it to two inputs on the back of the Kemper).

Hook it up to the (1) Auxiliary input and the (2) return input of the Kemper. Connect your earphones the the headphone output of the Kemper (you can use any IEM gear in between like a Sennheiser etc.). Use the "Aux In"-->>> "Headphones" section to mix those two signals ... done. Or send your direct Kemper signal to a Shure PSM300 on the left channel and a signal from the AUX of your FoH console to the right channel and blend those two signals using the volume knob on your body pack.

Please remember, that for this solution, don't use an AUX (monitor) signal from the console including your guitar channel.

The FoH signal is a mix of your band w/o your guitar, and you add your Kemper signal directly from your Amp w/o somebody messing around with. hope that helps, best regards :)

I had strange behaviour with my FC300 that I use with my Roland VG99. After many hours, updating firmware, changing cables, going through all menu setups I discovered that the cause was the RJ45 socket on the FC300 which uses a Neutrik RJ45 socket, I believe. It has those 8 "tongues" that are pressed down when you insert the cable and should go up, once you release the cable. However, using a magnifying glass, I realized that two of them were stuck and did not provide proper contact with the cable. Could be a reason ... The neutrik sockets are not really as fine quality, as they used to be, maybe ... I guess, the Kemper remote uses also these Neutrik sockets. Well, just my 2 pennnies, if you happen to have "strange" problems with your remote .... :thumbup: