Posts by eh6

Can you share some details about how many DI profiles per amp, gain levels, and EQ settings? On your site it doesn't really describe what you get in the DI pack, demos aren't available for all amps, and for the demos that are available, they are only 1 profile per amp. I don't care so much about having tons of profiles per amp, but I do like having profiles of all the channels at various gain stages and with various EQ settings per channel, and having it be clear from the descriptions or notes what these settings are. Thanks!

Your checkout doesn't work. I put the 6505 in the shopping cart, applied the discount code, it subtracted the discount, clicked "Proceed to Checkout", and it takes me to a blank (white) screen. Tried it several times and always the same result, and reloading the page doesn't help. I'm using Chrome version 51.0.2743.82 m on Windows.

the version from monday is exactly about your problem and unless we've overlooked something it should fix it

Spectacular, it appears to have totally solved my problem, thank you very much!

I must say, the level of support Kemper provides is excellent, and in my experience, rare. You have a very happy customer.

to me it looks like we're talking about two issues here. one is that Rig Manager doesn't communicate with Profiler after shutting Profiler down and starting it again. this issue is confirmed. but as for the other issue, where Profiler "magically" just disappears and you need to reboot the Mac in order make it see Profiler again, we are still in the dark. i'd be interested to learn if you still can see Profiler in About this Mac > System Report > USB

Hi, I have a similar issue: I turn off the Kemper and close down Rig Manager, and my Mac goes to sleep. When my Mac wakes up, I turn on Kemper, launch Rig Manager, and Rig Manager no longer sees the Kemper. The only way I've found it is to reboot the Mac. I checked About this Mac > System Report > USB, and my Mac is seeing the Kemper. Also, I just updated to the latest firmware (4.0 Beta) and the latest Rig Manager (1.5 I think?), but had this issue before updating my Kemper firmware (but still with the latest Rig Manager). Any suggestions, or should I submit a ticket? Thanks!

Thanks, I'll check it out!

I apologize, but I'm totally confused: what is the difference between amp packs and genre packs now vs. available Aug. 1? For example, if I want to buy everything is the "All Amp Packs (A) GBP 20" that I can apparently buy now, the "All Amp Packs (A) GBP 14.99" that I apparently can't buy until August 1 (?), and the "Big Man" pack which isn't available until August 1? The number of options and drop down menus seems a little daunting :)

Also, are these studio or merged? Any direct profiles? Thanks!

I got the Revv and Powerball packs, and I really like both. Both are very clear and articulate, and although I don't do much mixing, they sound mix-ready to me (not too much low end to be boomy, not ice picky, etc.). I A/B'd the Powerball profiles to other commercial profiles of the Powerball playing both through my Zilla 2x12 with Creambacks using monitor out, and I preferred the Rosen profiles - they were clearer and more articulate, and I just liked the tone better. A bit more of a "studio ready" sound than an "amp in the room" sound, but that's more what I wanted them for anyway. I can't compare the Revv to anything, but it sounds great!

Each pack had 9-10 profiles, which were clean crunch, rhythm, hi gain, and lead for the base 4-5 profiles and then the same profiles EQ'd (so 9-10 total). Obviously that's fewer profiles than a lot of other sellers, but all of them sounded very good. I think it's jut a matter of preference - if you want to get 30 profiles that all sound pretty similar and like to pick through them all, then this approach is going to seem expensive to you. If you're like me and only find a handful out of the 30 you like anyway after 2 hours of trying them out, you'd probably prefer this approach of just getting a few really good profiles that are ready to go.

So overall, I'd recommend them, and I will probably pick up some more at some point. Certainly if you're looking for Revv profiles, I'm not aware of any others, and these sound great.

Revv Generator series
    Panama amps series
    Victory VX Kracken
    and hopefully the mesa boogie mark jp 2c when released

Daz-lp13, I just noticed from a GearGods post that this seller has Revv Generator profiles: http://www.rosen.digital/kemper/. I didn't buy them yet, so this is not an endorsement and I can't offer an opinion on quality, but I'll probably pick them up myself to try them out.

Hi MentaL, I like that the new direct bundle has free updates with new amps, but I already bought all of the individual packs that are in the bundle except the Hotone. Is there any chance I could buy just the future upgrades, or alternatively, get a discount on the bundle since I already bought 6 out of the 7? Thanks!

And BTW, love your profile pick, Jeff Loomis is great!

SneakyPete's comment made me think of something: sometimes I've experienced that, and I unplug my cable (guitar to input on KPA) and then plug it back in and it fixes it. Fairly rare occurrence though.

Note that I only read the original post, but I play through monitors, a FRFR (Laney IRT-X), and a cab, and to me there is a difference between monitors and FRFR in that FRFR has more of an "amp in the room" quality while still retaining the studio/merged profile characteristics. So personally I like having all three: monitors for precision, cab for "fun"/amp in the room feel, FRFR for a nice middle ground.

I use a KPA with both FRFR and a guitar cab (Creambacks in a 2x12 Zilla) for bedroom levels and both sound great, although as the posters noted above, guitar cabs do react differently, and everything of course sounds better loud :) The Kemper itself however has the same sonic characteristics regardless of the volume (at least to my ears).

It sounds like you have a different issue, but sometimes it's happened to me that I've turned the Cab or Monitor Cab on/off inadvertently, and it can have that kind of effect.

I've purchased 5 packs and like them, because I play through a cab and Reamp Zone offers a pretty wide range of Direct profiles on multiple gain levels and EQ settings, and some of the packs have settings charts for how the amp was profiled originally. Some of the other Direct profiles I've purchased are also good, but have limited range. Plus, he's running a 30% discount for February, so the price is right.