Posts by DominicDOT

Hey guys

Got a PowerRack I'm looking to sell in order to make way for a Profiler Stage (message if you're interested in swapping a Stage)

In good condition, no burnt out LEDS or scuffs. Comes with power lead and manual, no original box. On latest FW. Selling because I no longer have a cab and I miss footswitches so a Stage seems more appealing to me at the moment

Regarding pickup delivery can send via courier otherwise am based in South East UK

I've been looking at getting a LF 12+ recently, one thing I'm curious about though, is it better to get a footswitch that has at least 5 switches along the bottom for all the different slots in performance mode? Dunno if anyone who's had much experience with a few pedalboards can comment on whether it's an issue at all?

Anyways, I'd imagine reamping would be a way to start, both with your profiler & the exact setup you profiled to begin with. With a prerecorded take of course :) AD/DA and reamp box will need to be of (great) quality I'd say to hold up to any kind of scrutiny, to include the most transparent preamp gain you can find. I noticed once that the profiler manages to reamp things in the exact same way everytime for me (sample points matched exactly). I figure a real setup will choose to behave differently for every time it is used to reamp the same take. High sample rate & bit depth would help in close comparisons. If you get enough data and if it's your thing, consider some statistical analysis.

... and since you're in that dept surely they'll allow you to use their facilities/gear for the purpose of your research, by your adviser's request :D and you can brush up on some Tinn-R if you choose to do any analysis beyond superficial/descriptive drivel.

Is there a recommended Reamp box? Going back to my first post, is there a recommended setup for this kind of thing? If anyone could explain it or link me to an article with it, cheers guys

Haha, cheers for the enthusiasm guys. Hopefully I just haven't left it too late to get a decent one done. If anyone also knows and in depth articles about the profile or modelling/profiling in general whether it be amps or say DAW plugins can you point me in the direction

Hello guys. I'm approaching the end of my undergraduate degree on an Audio & Music Production course and have decided to make the Kemper the focus of my dissertation, seeing as I have one and I reckon I'd be pretty content going on for 10,000 words about it. Creating this thread as I just want to check a couple of things experiment wise and then later on I may also whack a questionnaire or an A/B test thing if anyone would be kind enough to help with feedback on that

Anyway, experiment wise, obviously I'll be profiling an amplifier using the Kemper and then comparing the original amp and the profile and see how accurate it is...I'm just wondering, is there a 'proper' way to record audio from both the original amp and from the KPA, either at the same time or separately using a DI signal back from a DAW? The main thing is I want the same audio signal being fed into both amps

Also I'm not sure but is the KPA equally good for clean, distorted and bass profiles? I imagine it is and even then I can test it myself and ramble on about it in my dissertation, but worth asking

Cheers

Lovely stuff. I'm just wondering at the moment, as I don't have a case for the Kemper at the moment I'd feel a bit uneasy carrying it through town to get to the studio, so can I take a DI of the bass in the studio then run it through the Kemper at home? I think I read the Kemper does the whole reamping thing quite well

Basically are there any considerations I need to take when reamping a bass DI from Pro Tools?

in the youtube footage of the new try out's there's only a Marschall stack on stage.. but it does not sound like a Marschall.. Any idee's?
    probably another one of his amazing effects engines.. 8o

It's the same as he used at the beginning of T2L tour where he has the Marshall stack onstage and Kemper backstage, which is also similar to the setup he's been using since OoS-TR where he just has a cab on stage for feedback and shit and his proper amps and cab mic'd backstage

Another quick question, I'm recording some guys on Thursday and am planning on maybe using the Kemper for bass as well. I don't have a bass at home and can't get to the studio before so won't really be able to tell what any profiles would be like first hand, but can anyone recommend any good ones? Preferably free or for a small fee

It's for a solo singer/acoustic guitar player who I'm recording with a full band, I guess if you had to liken it to an example then Ed Sheeran kinda thing. Anything that would fit with that genre.

Obviously I can play around with a few on the day so yeah, if there's a bunch anyone could recommend?

Awesome thanks for the answers so far guys

Another question that popped in my head. I bought my KPA second hand and it's come with a bunch of profiles on. I'd kinda like to keep them in case but also start from a clean slate on the Kemper so to speak. Is it possible to transfer or keep a backup of the files from the Kemper on my computer?

Hi Dom (french?), 60 mo is enough for 10000 rigs. And it s faster to do a transfer with rig manager.

Nah from South East England! And ok, awesome. Is there a YT video or a specific section in the manual that just goes through Rig Manager? Probably really simple but worth asking I guess

Yeah I have the PowerRack version. I'll probably just get a small capacity USB stick just for Kemper stuff anyway. And yeah, I might just look for a LF then over the KR.

Hey guys. My name's Dominic and I recently got a Kemper, got a few questions which are probably easy to answer so I'll keep them in here rather than clog up the rest of the forum with pointless shit

First of all, transferring profiles with a USB, I imagine the files are quite small so you wouldn't need a large USB stick would you? Also do you need a dedicated USB stick just for the profiles or can you share it with general stuff like word documents, music etc?

Also, looking at getting either a Liquid Foot 12+ or the Kemper Remote, anyone have any preferences? One thing is I imagine the LF would let you control other MIDI gear if I ever wanted to expand and I'm guessing the Kemper Remote can only control the Kemper?

Also also, what are the recommended dB levels for sending a signal from the main outs to an interface/FOH and also separately from the monitor outs to the cab?

Cheers