Posts by Pauly

Hi again,

Seems my local Axe FX supplier has found a way to get me a second unit ,so I'm reverting back to plan A (getting a secong AXE FX). Nothing against the Kemper - I'd arranged to purchase one this coming week - but I know the other unit well, and was a little unsure about how the kemper design would compare to my mind set if you know what I mean! While the suppliers phone call was a releif, in a lot of ways I was looking forward to trying something different - but going with what I know is lower risk.

Thanks for the kindness and advice while I was here.. I may get a kemper in the studio yet!

Pauly

Thanks Stemast,

You have been busy haven't you....And your pictures are scary! :)
    I also thought to search for Kemper Bass tracks in soundcloud (don't know why I hadn't before) so that was handy.

Pauly

Hi Sledge,

It's bass for this project, but it'll be used a bit more thoroughly in others. Overkill is good :) I'd be happy with another Axe FX but here in Australia they have poor supply and can't be purchased without paying & then waiting a few months. Not acceptable to me.

Thanks
    Pauly

G'day all,
    I have a recording project coming up, and want to get another amp modeller. I currently have an axe fx ii and was going to get another but they have supply problems meaning I have to look at plan B.
    So....I'm thinking of using the axe fx for guitar and getting a kemper for bass as I can buy one locally with no issues.
    Only problem is....I cannot find any recordings of a kemper on bass except heavy metal, or format shifting synths etc... I just want a bass sound that sounds like (say) the rickenbacker on machine head..or rush...or something like that. (One of the basses is a rick 4003)
    So... I'm putting it out there...
    Has anyone had success with a non distorted bass sound with the kemper profiler? I'd love to hear some examples please.

Thanks for any advice.

Pauly