Posts by Eternalsin

The point here is that I have "two sounds" in the last profiling stage page (the ones you can compare the original and the profiled):

A) Original sound, coming from the chain to the Profiler rear input (the one used for profiling purposes). Which sounds the way I WANT it 100%.

B) Profiled sound, which is what the Profiler did to the A sound. Really different, specially on the low end and dynamics.

So, if the A sounds perfect, it means that:

- Amps, mics, cables, I/O converters are fine. Otherwise, this would sound wrong from the very beginning.

- The problems seems to be during the profiling stage. Where I tried to use less or more buffering/latency, with similar results.

- I tried to use 48KHz or 96KHz converter settings, just in case that this would be more accurate. But it seems to be the same.

And regarding MORE THAN ONE MIC, it is always regarding phases. But in a good way. I mean, the phase difference between two (or more) mics can add the magic that you need by natural reasons to your sound. So in this case I am using two SM57 to the same speaker in different angles, plugged to API 512c and Heritage 73Jr (different character). The result is that I am getting less unwanted high frequencies and harsh, and extra body.

Thanks for your answer RosboneMako!

The point is that in the A/B stage, when I can do the refine thing, I can hear the amp signal perfectly sounding. So it seems to me that the signal gets well into the Kemper. So no input clipping. Also I increased/decreased the signal from the computer to check if I was hitting so hard to the Profiler input, but the result was the same.

The problem won't be latency, as long as I already changed it in my computer. Same results from 1ms to 5ms.

Let's see if there's someone who got the same problem here and can give a hand too.

Thanks again for your kind answer!.

Hello,

I've been using my Kemper for a long time as studio hardware, but mostly using clients profiles. I did just a couple of low gain profiles until today and everything was apparently right. Today I tried to do a high-gain profile from this chain:

Kemper -> Peavey 6505 -> Mesa Boogie 4x12 -> 2x SM57 -> Lynx AD Coverter -> Cubase 11 (1.5ms latency) and mix the two signals -> Lynx DA Converter -> Kemper

While I listen to the reference amp (the 6505) it sounds supercool, so I go for the profiling, and after that the result is like distorted, like if I would have cranked my pickups up, and adding a lowpass. When I'm in the last page and do some refine, it is still the same, and so different from the original. Trying the A/B here in the last page is like day and night.

I already checked:

- No pedal ON in the new profile.

- Incrase/decrease input level and/or the output from my computer.

- Add/cut some latency.

Any thoughts here?

Thanks in advance!