Posts by MattCline

I've been trying to get this figured out, but I don't see the quad chromatic delay anywhere, either using the browse knob of the type knob. I have the latest firmware (not the 5.3 beta).

I did find a quad delay, but there's no provision for the micro tune.

Help, anyone?

No problems with my setup, including a recent outdoor gig in 85+ degree/ high humidity weather. I may move the Kemper up and leave the vented space above the power amp, but everything seems to be working fine. The amp is all tube so it does generate heat, but it also has a full time fan that pushes the air out the vented front.Very little rises out of the top vent.

[Blocked Image: http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m167/MattC68/IMG_0286_zpsbg5cspfp.jpg]

Just wondering the spec of your 1x12 cab... what wattage is it rated at?

What specs are suitable for a 1x12 being used in conjunction with a powered Kemper rack?

It's a Bogner Cube with a single Vintage 30 rated at 60 watts. As to what would work with the powered Kemper, I'm not sure. I'm coming from a tube amp background, so my knowledge of what works with solid state power amps is pretty limited![/quote]

Ah. Is yours non-powered then? (Are you running to a 3rd party external power amp and that to the 1x12?)

cheers[/quote]

Correct....my Kemper isn't a powered version. I'm using the Peavey Classic 60 power amp in the bottom of the rack to drive the Bogner cab.

I've tried both setups, and at this point prefer using my tube power amp into a 1x12 guitar cabinet (cab sims off, monitor output) for my on stage monitoring solution. Not that there was anything wrong with the FRFR setup (an Alto TS112 powered monitor), but I didn't hear a big enough difference between the two setups to justify keeping the Alto (I already owned the power amp/ cab). Mind you I primarily use crunchy/ dirty overdriven profiles, so that may make a difference.

I'm going to do some more A/B comparisons today, but will probably be returning the Alto and sticking with my "old school" setup.

Your milage may vary, of course!

[/quote]

Just wondering the spec of your 1x12 cab... what wattage is it rated at?

What specs are suitable for a 1x12 being used in conjunction with a powered Kemper rack?[/quote]

It's a Bogner Cube with a single Vintage 30 rated at 60 watts. As to what would work with the powered Kemper, I'm not sure. I'm coming from a tube amp background, so my knowledge of what works with solid state power amps is pretty limited!

I use a Classic 60 (the mono version of what madeselhoff has) to drive a 1x 12 Bogner Cube as my on stage monitor, and it sounds really, really good! I don't know how much it colors the sound though, since the cab is already adding a lot of "flavor" to the profiles.

Actually the Peavey 60 is fairly shallow....9" if I recall correctly. It's not too bad weight wise either- it's the mono version which is a bit lighter than the 60/60 by several pounds.

I was using a shallow 6u rack, but I hated racking the power amp separately. No one makes a shallow 8u though, so I went with what was available (I found a really good deal on it locally).

It's a touch front heavy, but I marked the case so I know where the front is so I can grab it accordingly. The nice thing about the extra space in the back is that I can keep all the cables neatly coiled and stored instead of cramming everything back there. Plus, as carsnguitars58 noted it's the perfect height/ size to put my cab on!

I'm currently using a Peavey Classic 60 tube power amp into a Bogner 1x12 cab as my on stage monitoring setup. It sounds fantastic, but I am interested in looking at FRFR setups just to compare. I'm toying with the idea of swapping in a coaxial 12' speaker with a passive crossover into the Bogner, or I may look at the currently inexpensive Alto powered cab. A lot of folks on The Gear Page seem to like 'em.