Posts by morbidfollower

I have the same problem as the op. I have the power rack. I have the "monitor cab off" checked, yet when i engage the cab button it makes a noticeable sound difference thru my 4x12, not as drastic as the tonal change when the "monitor cab off" button is unchecked and I engage the cab block but still a degrade in tone. Sounds great when cab button is off. I need complete disconnect from the cab so I can run my 4x12 and spdif out to my daw simultanously, and need the cab button engaged for obvious reasons when going to the daw. When i adjust the volume control or any of the cab block controls (high shift, low shift, character, ect.) under the cab block it also increases the volum/changes the tone with as much effect as expected thru my 4x12 cab, so it's definitely not completely disconnected from the cab block. Please advise. Thanks

Sorry for the long delay. So the problem was in fact the ground switch on the DI box itself. End results are pretty amazing. Exceeded my somewhat low expectations and I'm very impressed with how it profiled the preamp and power sections of my cobra head. With a little tweaking after, it sounds crushing thru my greenback 4x12. Thanks for the help. I did profile it with a maxon OD808 in front, so my next test is to profile it dry and run the maxon thru the loop of the kemper placing it in front of the amp block to a/b the two tones. And then try the built in green scream. Should be fun!!

Thank you Liam! I will try that this afternoon and post my findings. Your detailed signal chain matches my setup, the grounding is prob the issue. Do you have an ideal way to monitor the results immediately after profilng before refinement step? I was using headphones but obviously it sounds terrible without a cab in the chain.

Really dig a couple of the kieth merrow profiles for some good metal stuff. Also read up on placing the loop distortion block in the front pedal section(before the amp) to be able to run a real boost pedal. Gives it that extra magic imo. Good luck!

Attempted to profile my framus cobra head today using a countryman 85 di. New battery in countryman as i would need to add my audio interface to send phantom power to it instead. I get a low signal detected error until i turn the effects return level up to -0.4. At that point the error changes to a too noisy error. Any thoughts? Thanks Signal chain:
    guitar--> kemper front input.
    Kemper effects send --> framus cobra input
    framus speaker out --> countryman input (speaker toggle selected)(2 choices, pickup or speaker)
    countryman amp output --> 4x12 speaker cab
    countryman di output --> kemper effects