Posts by Damael

Hello everyone,

been learning JP solos lately. Loaded 2 dozen RK tones, 5 at relatively high gain, but not exactly in the 'Train Of Thought' ballpark.
    Strangely, it appears a Mark IV channel 3 Lead profile I have among others sounds even closer.

Would anyone be interested to make a few profiles please? For the sake of Music ;)

Sorry, I never played a Road King so I have no idea what the settings should be. These 3 pieces of advice are what I was able found in them internets, to start with something:
    1) Channel 3 - set to Vintage, 2x6L6 + 2xEL34 (or 4x6L6) + Tube Rec + 2x12 open back + 2x12 closed back, Reverb on, Gain around 3:00

2) CH3 - Vintage, 2xEL34 + 2x6L6, Tube rec Reverb 9
    Master: 12 Pres: 1 Bass: 11 Mid: 3 Treble: 1 Gain: 1
    (all o'clock)

3) as in diagram. However, the file name has both '2004' and 'octavarium' in it, IDK if the settings are similar.

I was using the Rig Manager just now and a message appeared something something something required a Rig Manager upgrade. I pressed 'yes' to upgrade and restarted... to find out the current 3.0 doesn't work with my Windows 7. The Rig Manager now responds like it is 'not installed'.
    I don't want to upgrade my Windows 7, I dislike the 8 and hate the 10 that I have on my working PC. Was totally fine with the previous Rig Manager.
    How do I roll back? The previous version appears to not be present on the Kemper download page

Mattfig has a great megadeth pack. Rhythm and lead.

I do have Mattfig's Freebie Pack 'Deth , but it only includes Dave's rhythm and Dave's lead. The other pack you're probably referring to is not free, and I thought I'd like to tinker with available free profiles first.

Hi all,

having lots of fun with Megadeth songs, can't find Marty Friedman lead profiles in the RigExchange tho. Managed to find yet one MF profile so far that was done (unexpectedly) using a Mesa Dual Rec.
    Will be very thankful for (free) profiles of the Bogner Triple Giant, Crate Blue Voodoo, CAE 3+ SE preamp, ENGL Inferno .
    Thanks!

I wouldn't believe... I didn't believe
    I used all of the length of my cable, went out of the room and closed the door, while my wife recorded the sound from the speakers.
    The sound from the speakers doesn't contain any doubling notes . You are totally right! My ears and brain are picking the sound of the strings from the guitar itself even though the sound from the speakers is quite loud. Amazing! I could swear both of the notes of the interval were overdriven. A very interesting psychological effect.

BTW it was very strange and difficult playing and hearing the guitar in the corridor and the transposed sound from the Kemper from the room at the same time

Thanks all, thanks Kemper!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I can't record the signal now, but I checked my Output menu right now, and it reads as follows:
    Output Section / Output Source [Page 1/6]
    Main Output - Master Stereo (I feed it into a pair of Yamaha HS7 near field monitors from the XLR jacks)
    Monitor Output- Off
    Direct Output - Off
    SPDIF Output - Off

If I get it right, there shouldn't be a mix of dry and processed signal under these assignments..?

Hi all,

I have upgraded the OS to the latest 5.7.8, so the Transpose is there (accessible from the Rig catalog)

It works ok when I play distorted powerchords, but is hardly usable when I take single notes. E.g., when I set it to -4 (C min over E min ) to practice that famous legato solo in the last part of In The Name of God by DT, the sound is very thin and unnatural. There is some latency too, but the sound isn't good enough for performance anyway, so it is ok to practice. The worst part is that I hear the 2 notes simultaneously, and this goes on at any volume level that I've tried

I've seen an old thread where there were the same issues but people advised to upgrade, but mine IS the latest.
    Any cues as to how to cure this?
    Thanks