Posts by richprice79

Thanks for the feedback guys I appreciate it. Per we have one song with lower gain but still gainy in the chorus.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hello all, my unheard of band Driven To Revolt released a music video that we made and I thought I would share since we used a kemper for all of the guitars. Let me know if you like it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

We recorded a new song using the Kemper for all guitars and bass. I thought I would share with the community.

External Content youtu.be

Hi richprice79.

Have you manage to sort the issue? I think I am facing the same problem, except that in my case it is a bit more subtle, and it is permanent (not a come and go thing).

Andre

I emailed the Kemper support team and requested a new Kemper as its now been 3 weeks that I have been without it. I will report back what happens.

My Kemper started having static issues that were very random. It got progressively worse and then I opened a repair ticket. It has been in the shop now for 2 full weeks and I called the repair shop on Friday to find out the status. The repair tech stated that it has been a real problem finding the issue. He stated he has replaced nearly everything in it and that it seemed to get worse with each new part and that after the last part it no longer turns on. He also claimed that he is trying to see about getting me a new unit as this one has so many issues but he wasn't sure what would happen. It has been 3 weeks counting shipping and my confidence is a bit shaken.

What would you do at this point? I also am curious, do the Kempers break down often?

My poorly edited video of the original problem.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G2ziEtTxus

I just wanted to share my experience with the Kemper and maybe help someone out along the way. I watched all of the YouTube videos when it came out and began dreaming of one day owning one. Then in January of this year I couldn't take it any more and ordered one. I hooked it up to a vertical 2x12 and started playing through all of the presets and it sounded pretty good. I recorded with it using spdif and it sounded really good. I have several tube amps and couldn't wait to start profiling them so I ordered a sm57 and micd up my cab ( I am a total newb with micing cabs and made a few profiles. They sounded like total garbage I tried and tried to get a good sound but it sounded nothing like the real deal.

I then watched a video on DI boxes and how to profile using that method. I found a cheap DI box that required no power (Art PDB Passive Direct Box $35.00) and hooked it up to my Mesa Boogie Mark V and made my first profile and was totally blown away. It finally sounded just like my head going through my Mesa 2x12 vertical cab. I then profiled my Dual rectifier and then my Mesa Stiletto and they all sounded killer. The clean tone was warm and full, the bass was full and it sounded like a real amp. Now if you are a master at micing cabs maybe your experience is better than mine was but the profiles I made using the DI box are better than the ones I have purchased from the popular sites. The only problem is my Kemper is in the shop as it has been dying a slow death for the past month (not related to the DI box). So I cant make any more awesome profiles until it returns.

If you are someone who plays your Kemper mostly though a cab, you owe yourself to try this out if you have not been happy with your own profiles.

[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/cnSZjFQm.jpg]

Well support wants me to send it in and I don't want to do that so I will just have to live with it.

"Hello Rick-

I understand you have a guest behind your display! Can you provide me the serial number from your unit? I can assist you in sending your unit in for repair, if you so choose. As Burkhard mentioned before- you could try a can of air and see if that will dislodge it, otherwise we would need to disassemble your unit."