Posts by heystudios

So, after waiting forever to update my KPA from version 6 to 7 for a long time l finally decided to take the plunge.

So, while the update went smoothly for the most part, all of the rigs in performance 1 were replaced by crunch (?) Why would this be an issue at all?.

Then, l restore a backup of said performance, it uploaded, appears in the display on the remote and yet, they are not there, (only crunch).

I do like my KPA but, this, is not cool.

Has anybody been able to recall a backup succesfully?

Any help would be appreiated...

So here it is
    I have currently an axe fx ultra in the loop of the kemper and a cali 76 in front of the kemper ( hitting the guitar input)
    If l were to increase the level of the input on the axe fx or the input of the cali 76 ( or the output for that matter) naturally the overall level of the kemper would increase as well....so far so good.
    Now the kicker is that the clean patches would increase their levels substantially more than the distorted patches to the extend that the distortion or overdrive patches get buried in the mix so to speak if you were to use them live....
    This is a very strange behavior....
    Have anybody else noticed this?

That's a great point you make and one l never considered....l am using the loop in slot 4.....that may be my problem.....I'm going to try slot 9 and report back...

Thanks a ton

I'll try both your suggestions..all drives, amps, etc are bypassed however. Only the delay and or reverb are on.
    The input is not hot at all so lowering did not seem like a good idea an didn't think the output should help any since only the aforementioned efxs are kind of overloading on the input side and not the output but l can try.
    On the lighter side of things l took the kemper axe combo to a gig today and got nothing but good comments about the sound...

So I'm running the axe fx in the loop of the kemper and it seems the loop is so hot that the axe' s mix has to be set at about 2.7 percent..that's right, not 50 % but 2.7 % . The effects are very loud. Is there an adjustment for it?.
    I know it's not the axe at fault and you cannot alter the mix on the kemper because one will introduce phasing issues.
    Any ideas?

I just figured if in any browser window on most apps one is able to sort files (rigs) by date, alphabetical order ,etc and particularly in this type of environment, one would be able to have (patch) numbers.
    I understand I'm mistaken to assume that numbers (midi) have been assigned already to the patches (they have if you plug in any pedalboard for switching) but l think it would be very useful that the first 1 thru 128 patches would be assigned already and a guy would only have to put them in the right place by drag and dropping...

Gianfranco...l guess that was intended for the ones on this side of the pond...: )

Reganomics...it would ,should work like every other fx processor (axe fx, lexicons etc) it replaces it

To both of you thank you for taking the time to so kindly answer...it is good to be here,just not as good as owning the Kemper

It may have been answered before but....
    I would like to rearrange profiles within the RM. Let's say place profile 67 to place 14 ( l know there aren't numbers on the RM) . there should be a way to simply drag a profile to a different spot..
    Any thoughts?