Posts by durjee

Hi, maybe this question is already asked, but i wanted to know if you can replace the speaker of a combo amp (in this example a solid state 65 Peavy combo) with a kemper kone? Because the peavy has a preamp this will be a problem? Can you bypass it so you only use the poweramp of the Peavy Bandit 65? Any ideas? It would be cool if you could use an old combo amp with the Kone! Up untill now i only see normal cabinets filled with the kone. I will order the powered cabinet from kemper soon, but i thought maybe i could order a seperatkone and use my old peavy as a stereo unit (also with Kone)! So the question is: can you place a kemper kone in a (Solid state) combo amp which has preamp and poweramp already?

Thanx

Hi folks

Had rehearsal today......kemper sounds killer!!!!!!..........but.......my setup was......not as loud.

The main volume of the kemper was at 9(!) and my marshall poweramp at....9(!).......

It wasn't nearly as loud as my normal setup with my Ernst Flieck The Rover preamp.......i could't go passes 4 on main volume......

Anyone an idea????

Greetings Durjee

Hi Folks,

Kemper user from Holland here, greetings. I've been interested in Kemper for like two years now i think. Watched videos en read a lot about it. I always played tube amps like Koch Multitone, Rivera Rake Reverb Head, and Ernst Flieck Preamp in combination with a G system and expression pedals into Marshall 8008 poweramp and Rivera 2x12 cabinet. Way back in time i bought a boss GT6, and to be honoust, i've never played that thing outside bedroom. Total crap sounds for me especially gain sounds.
    That kept me away from "modelling amps shizzle" for years after that expierience. However, a tube amp reacts different in every location, it also depends how long the amp is active, the sound with different amps were never consistent. In forums you read a lot of how tube amps have the best tone. But i have to say that i've seen many guys on youtube with the most expensive boutique amps sounding completely crap. I've seen guys playing the cheapest crap available sound amazing. What i mean is........sure a tube amp has awesome characteristics, but the great tone makes you not a great player..........................it's all in the fingers in my opinion. A good guitarist makes a behringer V-amp sound great. I hate these "tone" discussions because it's totally relative and depends on the player.

But.........now for the Kemper.....................I sold some stuff and bought a rack version of the Kemper. And then...............first with headphones which sounded beautifull and had instantly a bunch of usable sounds..............
    I had my doubts about the crunch and gain sounds, but there are some real awesome rigs that'll do the job. Of course there are unusable sounds, because everyone has different taste, but that;s relative.
    Then...............i tried Kemper with my marshall 8008 and Rivera cab 2x12..........turned cabsimulation off and had an immediate smile on my face...........WOW...........simply amazing what this unit sounds like.......

Many people are argueing about what is best setup, but that's BS to me, colouring sounds, this is better, no THIS is better and blablabla...............my setup is simple and sounds KILLER (to me!!!). I use Kemper mainly for live use, ordered uno4kemper and then my setup will be complete. After a while, when i see that Kemper is reliable i will sell ALL my other amps. Thumbs up for the Kemper!!!

Greetings Durjee