Posts by bigfastbike

Viabcroce the reason I am frustrated with the Kemper is that I have tried 2 desks that sounded crap & 1 that sounded ok. I didn't expect to have to replace my desk when I bought the Kemper. It's not a cheap desk either so I don't understand the compatibility issues. I have only ever run the non powered outs to the desk and at andertons we even tried a d.i box which was routed to the inserts which should bypass the desks preamps. & I have tried all sorts of e.q settings including turning the e.q off which gives a flat e.q. I have tried different speakers too which have a flat e.q setting on them but none of this makes a difference. I haven't tried headphones as I don't actually own a pair.

I've tried it with cab on & off, sounds crap either way. If I take the desk out of the equation & take a non powered line out of the Kemper & straight into the active speaker it sounds ok. It seems to be the desk. Having said that I have tried it with a different desk at the studio we rehearse at & it was still awful. The Allen & Heath desk sounded ok though.

I have a powered Kemper that sounds great when plugged into a real cab but bloody awful into a p.a system. My p.a is a Presonus studiolive into Alto ts active speakers. The point of buying the Kemper was so I could get rid of my heavy amp & run directly into the p.a but when I do it sounds really fizzy & tinny on any of the overdrive sounds. I got so fed up I went to try out a Line 6 helix but this was exactly the same (had the same p.a setup in the shop). The odd part is that when we changed the desk to an Allen & Heath it improved things massively. I have tried all the obvious stuff like e.q & output settings on the Kemper & the Helix was brand new just out of the box so it would suggest an issue with the presonus desk. Any ideas before I throw the Kemper out of the window? Cheers

Thanks for all the helpful advice guys. I will try the lower gain setting next time I'm in the rehearsal studio & see how that goes

Cabs are definitely present & working. When you turn the cab sim on & off it makes a big difference so I know that it's doing something. Im wondering if the Alto p.a speakers are just not suitable. I've been told they are very mid heavy but I did try to compensate for that with the e.q. I'd like to hear it through an frfr speaker but I don't want to spend £500 on an experiment that may not make any difference

I took the output from the two main outs in to 2 channels on the desk. Surely I want the cab sim left on anyway? When I plugged into the 4x12 I used the speaker output with the cab turned off.I also tried just using the left channel but that made no real difference to the tone.

can anyone help me. I want to use my Kemper as a live rig but when I connect it to my p.a with the cab simulator on it sounds terrible. The overdrive sounds fizzy ant nasty like a really cheap distortion pedal. However, when I plug it into a Marshall 4x12 with the cab sim off (it's the powered KPA) it sounds great. I really don't want to have to lug a cab around with me to gigs as that was the main reason I bought the Kemper, to get my rig as small & light as possible. I have messed around with e.q settings to try to get the e.q as flat as possible but it makes no difference. If I do have to use a cab has anyone had any experience of the Matrix Neolight Cabs?
    My p.a consists of a Presonus studiolive 16.4.2 & Alto active speakers (15" subs & 12" tops) if that makes any difference

Hi. I am new to the Kemper having only just purchased a second hand one. The one i have bought only has about 30 profiles that the previous owner had stored in it. Is there any way i can restore the factory set profiles? I do have a dongle with about 5000 profiles on it but i wanted to start with the basic ones & work up from there. Also i intend getting a Behringer fcb1010 with a EurekaPROM2 chip as i want to use it for gigging . I have never used Midi in my life & am not even sure how you connect it up. Will i need 1 or 2 Midi cables & which input/outputs will i plug it/them into. Any help will be greatly appreciated :)