Posts by theway

on front of amp the under the stack section there is the cabinet button, my tones sound the best when I turn that off. Trying to turn it off globally for all profile due to the fact I'm running a Mesa cab. Not sure how too do or if it's possible

[quote='theway','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/18962-OK-Testing-FW-3-0-How-Kemper-works-All-amps-sound-similar/?postID=232028#post232028']Ok I'm new to kemper. I've got Mesa rec-Jvm -5150 iii-Mesa V all incredible tube amps. I run my kemper to a ISP Stealth then to a Mesa 4x12. All of my Amps have there own footprint in tone-very different. I have never profiled these amps because I just got kemper. I did buy tonehammers and sin mix profiles . I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or if the kemper is not for me but ALL of the high gain profiles are pretty much the same tone and feel. Pretty bummed out. A Jvm sounds nothing like a Mark series amp , but in kemper world mode it does

Theway,

Please do not take offense at this question...but have you fully and completely read both the Kemper "Basic Manual 3.0" as well as the much more in depth "Reference Manual 3.0"?

Notwithstanding your familiarity with the Kemper's user guides...
    Can you confirm that you have disabled the CAB profiling when you are playing normal (studio) profiles on your KPA, connected to an external power amp and traditional guitar cabinet?

Since you are playing through a traditional guitar cabinet, you will want to globally disable the Cabinet profiling (Cab simulations), by going to Output Menu, soft button above the menu parameter "Monitor Cab Off". Make sure the "check mark" in the toggle box in the menu display is empty. This will turn off the cabinet simulations on all rig / profiles, globally. Also, you should make sure you are using the physical MONITOR Output jack to connect to your external power amp ---> NOT the MAIN Output jack(s). When you disable the Cabinet simulation in the Output Menu (Monitor Cab Off)...it only disables the cabinet sims on the signal going out the MONITOR Output jack. The MAIN Output jack(s) still retains the cabinet simulations, to allow this full signal (including cab sims) to be routed to the main Mixer and Front of House PA, during live performances.

I have noticed that many of the high gain STUDIO profiles on the KPA will sound similar, if your are connected to a traditional guitar cabinet, and have forgotten to turn off the CAB simulations.

I realize you may already be familiar with this, and are already doing this...but as you are a new owner, the question still needs to be asked.

Cheers
    John

Hey John thanks for the information, I do turn off the cabinet under the stack. The only thing Im not doing that sounds like your recommend is??? Im currently running 2 cables from the main outpur of the KPA to the ISP Stealth. Should I not do that and run just from the monitor out to the ISP Stealth?

Ok I'm new to kemper. I've got Mesa rec-Jvm -5150 iii-Mesa V all incredible tube amps. I run my kemper to a ISP Stealth then to a Mesa 4x12. All of my Amps have there own footprint in tone-very different. I have never profiled these amps because I just got kemper. I did buy tonehammers and sin mix profiles, ect . I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or if the kemper is not for me but ALL of the high gain profiles are pretty much the same tone and feel. Pretty bummed out. I have bought studio grade profiles and yes they are merged or DI profiles, because Im running my cab. And I do have the monitor turned off in the output section (didnt seem to make a change) I really want the KPA to work for me it just that most the TONES sound really simular or have the same feel. Im open to ideas do I need to get a pair of monitors to get a clear distiction between these high gain amp profiles?

Kemper Setup:

Guitar to KPA, then KPA main output (guitar cables) to ISP Stealth then ISP Stealth to Mesa Cab.

Ok I'm new to kemper. I've got Mesa rec-Jvm -5150 iii-Mesa V all incredible tube amps. I run my kemper to a ISP Stealth then to a Mesa 4x12. All of my Amps have there own footprint in tone-very different. I have never profiled these amps because I just got kemper. I did buy tonehammers and sin mix profiles . I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or if the kemper is not for me but ALL of the high gain profiles are pretty much the same tone and feel. Pretty bummed out. A Jvm sounds nothing like a Mark series amp , but in kemper world mode it does. I have the updated software also . I'm talking about DI profiles . The argument I have read is amps will sound the same through or similar through the same cab. That's not the case with real tube amps, but in kemper world it seems to be the case. Not sure what to do in regards to keeping kemper . Any advice?

Ok I'm new to kemper. I've got Mesa rec-Jvm -5150 iii-Mesa V all incredible tube amps. I run my kemper to a ISP Stealth then to a Mesa 4x12. All of my Amps have there own footprint in tone-very different. I have never profiled these amps because I just got kemper. I did buy tonehammers and sin mix profiles . I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or if the kemper is not for me but ALL of the high gain profiles are pretty much the same tone and feel. Pretty bummed out. A Jvm sounds nothing like a Mark series amp , but in kemper world mode it does

Ok I think I understand now. With what I have how would you run the cables from KPA to Stealth and ISP Stealth to 2 Mesa cabs ? Just trying to make the connections correct. I don't do any profiling just play it like an amp.

I apologize guys I'm just a little confused. Currently I have two speaker cables coming out of the master out on the KPA into the ISP stealth power amp then 2 speaker cables coming out of the ISP stealth in 2 Mesa 2x12 speaker cabinets. Do I disconnect the 2 speaker cables out of the KPA and just run the 1 monitor cable into Stealth?