Posts by Bread

It's the usual toss coming from the Axe FX camp. It's because of the Axe FX fan boys that made me make the decision never to buy one of their products. That, and the torrent of abuse Tony Mckenzie got for daring to ask Cliff if he had an EU approval for the Axe FX 2. Cliff never did answer him but resorted to insulting him and trying to humiliate him on a public forum.

I'm happy with my decision to buy a Kemper.

What I mean, is do we need speakers with a frequency response of 60hz to 20khz (FRFR) or could we do with a non FRFR monitor that is a lot cheaper. Guitar speakers are nowhere near the range of FRFR

I suppose it depends on what frequencies of a profiled amp and cab can't be heard on a guitar power amp and cab compared to a frfr.

I'm not convinced there are actually many frequencies that are outside the limitations of the dpeakers micd up wgen prifiling the amp. The V30s I use have a frequency response of 70hz to 5khz which is nowhere near the ranges offered by frfr. I'm sure other 12" speakers are about the same.

Do we really need frfr ? I'm not convinced myself.

Hi

Us ut possible to use an outboard stereo effects unit like the G Major 2 with the kemper because as far as I know the loop is only mono and the main outputs would be after the cab sims ?

Thanks
    "Bread"

Hi Kempers

Do you know if I can save a loop that I create on the KPA please and recall it whenever I want ?

I haven't received my rack version yet hence the question.

Thank you !!!
    "Bread"

Hi Kempers !

I've looked in the forums for this topic but couldn't find a definitive answer to it so I thought I would ask here in a dedicated thread.

I will be using my KPA as a monitor into a Hughes & Kettner TM36 which will have the cab sims switched off and the monitor out from the KPA into the FX return. This is all good as I can EQ it in my house no problem at all and get it sounding great.

However, I want to put the main outputs of the KPA through the PA with cab sims switched on, so this will sound a lot different ? than my monitor setup. Our PA is a HK Linear 5 Rock Pack (we use 2 sometimes) which although is FRFR means I cannot do any sound checking in my house with it because its far too big. So, I guess my question is ....

"If I buy a cheap FRFR 12" PA speaker (for home use) and EQ the main outputs and cab sims to match the tone in my Tubemeister monitor, how much different would it sound through the big Linear 5 PA ? Is it a simply task of sound checking at a venue and adjusting the global EQ for the main outs and that would work for all rigs, or would I need to effectively start again and need to EQ everything all over again ?"

I like my Tubemeisters - they sound great and are really easy to transport and as I haven't had them long, I don't want to sell them just yet. I did all the PA FRFR with a pair of QSC K12s and a POD HD500 and it was one of the worst experiences of my life.

Thanks
    "Bread"

Make sure your effects loop is serial and not parallel. If you have a dial on the back of the amp that says something like "mix" set to to 100% wet.

Give that a go.

Hi Fellow Kempers!

I ordered my rack and remote yesterday and while I wait for delivery I thought I'd drop by and introduce myself.

My Kemper will have a hard act to follow as it will replace my G System so I'm expecting marvellous things. I'll also use my Tubemeister 36 amps as monitors with the Kemper main outs going to the FOH.

I can't wait !

It was a tough decision between the Fractal products but I can clearly see now that the future is Kemper - it's just so damned good.

Looking forward to lots of 80s presets in particular.