Posts by Dane

Ah okay, I do gig, usually a few a month. Only small to medium sized venues currently. But thought I'd get the rack and stick it in a flight case, that way I can transport it from home to rehearsals and to gigs and it being smaller than the combo I use at the moment but also it being lighter than a head as I do have back problems.

Thank you :)

Hey guys!

I'm sure that this kind of thread has been posted before but I'm new to all of this. Basically within the next couple of months I am looking at purchasing a Kemper. The one I desire is the rack mounted one, but I wanted to know which would people suggest, the powered or unpowered with an external power amp? I am looking at using it for home recordings but mainly for gigging. The cab I will be running is a Harley Benton 2x12 with the Celestion V30's, so another question is, would I be able to run the powered or externally powered one without blowing up the speakers? I would be interested in running the Kemper through the PA but often the gigs I play don't have floor monitors or the engineers don't actually set them up properly for us, hence why I'd like the cab so I can hear what I am playing!

But yeah, any suggestions, tips and advice would be fantastic! Thanks guys :) sorry about the newbie questions and all! Just want to be certain with what to get when I'm spending so much money!