Posts by Jaycal

I'm running RM 3.2.30 on a fully patched Windows 10 (version 21H1) computer.

Whenever I launch RM it crashes after 4 seconds. I tried running RM with the Profiler connected and with the Profiler disconnected. I tried running RM with an internet connection and without an internet connection. Nothing works.

I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled RM. That did not work.

I rolled RM back to older versions and this does not work.

I tried creating a new profile on Windows and reinstalling RM. That did not work.

I'm convinced the problem is an issue with the Windows 21H1 update.

When I look at Windows Event viewer I see the following:

Faulting application name: Rig Manager.exe, version: 3.2.30.17230, time stamp: 0x60a27cec

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1023, time stamp: 0x7977b9de

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x00000000000ff199

Faulting process id: 0x41bc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d75f9aae4bba03

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Kemper Amps\Rig Manager\Rig Manager.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 224bb49d-ed33-46e6-9d1b-b18b122baafe

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Usually Google-search is my friend, but not this time. I'm drawing a blank.

Is anybody else running into this problem?

Thanks,

Jay

I just upgraded to 7.1.17. As the profiler was updating, I was reading through these threads. I saw the loss of Rigs and was able to copy my 79 rigs just before the update completed. Thank God I did because I lost 7 of my rigs. I was able to copy them back and they all still worked. Thank goodness for this forum. Thanks for all your posts!

You can use your left-right cursor keys to change profiles, or use your up-down cursor keys to move to the profile you want to select and press CTRL-Enter (or Command-Enter for all you Mac users).

I got a Camplifier S2 from Tilman back in 2015. It's the little 25 Watt Stereo amp. I plugged it into a pair of Marshall JCM 900 1960 4x12 cabs and it sounds fantastic.

I wanted my Kemper to work the way a traditional amp does.; plug it into a guitar speaker cab and turn it on.

It was dead easy to install and set up.

Tilman was great to deal with and I've never had any trouble with the Camplifier. It works great.

I highly recommend the Camplifier and Ritter Amplification.

That's too bad. My understanding when I read the following on the anouncment of 5.7 was you could move any effect to any slot in front of or behind the stack:

Effects slots/ placement - Now since OS 5.7 all the FX of the PROFILER incl. Delay and Reverb can now be positioned freely into any FX slot before or after the Amplifier section. This means that the guitar player could place 6 Delays and 2 reverbs around the Amplifer … which might make no sense, but it is possible.

I jumped the the erroneous conclusion you could move the stack (which would be cool). Maybe in a future version. :)

A quick follow up. It appears that it's not the fact the POD has the USB connected, it's when the Line 6 Edit software is running.

I plugged the USB back into the POD and my computer (my POD HD500X Edit software was NOT running) and everything worked properly. When I started the Edit software I ran into the problem.

I exited the POD Edit software (while leaving the USB plugged in) and all was fine again.

So the POD Edit software seems to affect the communications of the MIDI assigned value to the Kemper. Interesting.

Thanks again.

Jay

Thank you! Unplugging the USB worked!

I always used the Line 6 Edit (it's nice software). I never considered this possibility. Now when I switch Presets on my POD, the default stomp and effects settings for my Kemper Rig light up my POD foot switches. Which is how I would expect it to work.

I really appreciate your response!

Turns out it was my (ID ten T) error. It usually is. :|

Hi all,

I’m new to Kemper AND midi (and this forum).

I’ve successfully connected my POD HD500X to my Kemper Profiler via MIDI. I can change rigs in my Kemper without any problems.

I’ve setup the POD HD500X foot switches (FS1 through FS4) to control the Kemper’s Stomp boxes A-D. I setup the POD HD500X foot switches (FS5 through FS8) to control the Effects (X, Mod, Delay and Reverb).

I can successfully turn on and off my stomps and effects on the Kemper through the POD HD500X.

I set up some effects in my POD HD500X so that when I click a foot switch, it lights up on the POD HD500X.

(A quick note here, I’m plugging my guitar straight into the Kemper, I’m only using the POD HD500X as a midi controller.)

Now when I turn on the FS1 switch on my POD HD500X it lights up the FS1 switch on the POD HD500X and it turns on Stomp A on the Kemper. When I turn off the FS1 switch it turns off the light on the FS1 switch of the POD HD500X and it turns off Stomp A on the Kemper.

I’ve matched the stomp and effects settings for my rigs on the Kemper with presets in the POD HD500X. This means when I change Presets on my POD HD500X to change to the Rig on my Kemper, the stomps and the effects in the rig on the Kemper match with the foot switches in my Preset on my POD HD500X.

I can then properly control all the stomps and effects on my Kemper through my POD HD500X.

So far so good…

When I use the POD HD500X to bring up a Rig (let’s call it Rig 1). Let’s say stomp B was off when I saved the Rig 1 profile on the Kemper. If I turn on FS2 (which turns on Stomp B), FS2 lights up, Stomp B turns on. Everything is good.

If change Presets on the POD HD500X to go to another Profile/Rig then come back to Profile/Rig 1, FS2 is still lit up on the POD HD500X, but stomp B is off on the Kemper. When I turn off FS2 on the POD HD500X, stomp B turns on. A bit baffling…

After an hour or so of experimentation and a bit “googling” I’ve come to the following understanding:

In the POD HD500X in the MIDI ASSIGN Screen you set your MIDI Channel to “01”; the Message to “CC Toggle”; the CC # to the proper number for the needs of Kemper (“17” for Stomp A, for example); and a MIDI Value of either 0 or 127 (off or on).

When you save the Preset in the POD HD500X those MIDI settings are saved. When you turn a foot switch on or off, the MIDI value changes from 0 to 127 (or vice versa). Of course your foot switch light turns on and off as well.

If you change presets on the POD HD500X it tracks the last setting of your foot switches, so when you come back to the Preset the foot switches are all turned on or off accordingly, BUT it does NOT track any of the MIDI Assignment Values (0/127 – on/off). When you come back to a Preset, the MIDI assignment Values you set when you last stored the Preset is what is sent to the Kemper (or any MIDI device connected to the POD HD500X).

This means when you create a Preset in the POD HD500X where FS1 is off and the MIDI assignment Value was 0 (off) these settings both match and everything is copasetic. If you turn FS1 on, it turns the MIDI Assigned Value to 127 (on) and sends it to the Kemper. This is good.

However, if you then leave the Preset in the POD HD500X and come back to it later, your FS1 will be on (because the POD tracks that), but your MIDI Assigned value will be 0 (off) – because the POD does not track that. When you turn off the FS1 switch it will change the MIDI assigned value to 127 (on) and send it to the Kemper. This is bad.

Most annoying and a tad frustrating. Nice way to spend a Saturday morning.

If I’m wrong, someone please tell me.

I’ve had the Kemper for about a week and totally love it. What an amazing product!! It has exceeded all my expectations – and I had very high expectations.

The problem I am having has nothing to do with the Kemper and everything to do with the POD HD500X (or my lack of understanding).