Posts by Folreden

I very much doubt that Kemper GmbH will even consider going into this business, even less as a shop host for 3rd party profilers.
    To be honest, in my humble opinion it's not a good idea to make others (like Kemper GmbH) responsible for your own business fortune or failure. Feel free to contact all serious profilers and see if you guys can come up with a joint strategy that helps your business. But from my personal perspective (as someone who has happily spent a lot of bucks, quid, euros on commercial profiles) .... make great profiles, make great demos, have a convincing and professional / creative platform for your products. That's a WAY more inviting, positive and motivating strategy than to contemplate over all kinds of pointless restrictions, locks, protections and hassle for your valuable clients.

I don't share my commercial profiles and I will NEVER do.
    But I can guarantee you that the day someone comes up with any form of technical limitations or copy protection (hardware or software) I will stop buying profiles entirely. Sell your stuff, be happy about all the praise (and cash) you get for your work. But don't convert into a pain in the a** for your clients. You will regret that step.

I very much doubt that Kemper GmbH will even consider going into this business

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think it has be difficult for the users (both ends) to create a platform like this. Besides that, we can all sit at home and argue about what Kemper will do or not, but the only way is open a dialogue and see where it takes us (or not). Maybe there are very workable ideas worth implementing? But the biggest mistake in my opinion is to think that the way it is, is the way it should stay. Software is always worth of evaluating and trying to make it better and that's what i'm trying to do.

For the record, I don't make any money on profiles and I don't intend to do so. I'm just as much a customer as a lot of us are. From a customers point of view, as well as a IT guy, I can see a lot of room for improvement on a lot of levels in the software and the complete buying process in general...

Hi all,

I spoke to one of the profile makers on the phone this evening about the theft and reselling of the profile packs and a possible solution on how to avoid this in the future.

I think there is a huge problem with selling profiles through the independent platforms (webshops etc). The only way to avoid anything like the theft and reselling of these profile packs is creating one platform like some sort of Appstore. I would love to get in contact with some of the other Profile vendors to see if we could go talk to the Kemper guys as a unity and find a way to solve this properly like they should have done from day one. Please send me a PM when you are interested.

Thanks!

Hi guys,

My name is Bas Nederlof. A few months ago Bert Meulendijk (bmkemperprofiles.com) came to pick up the guitar we've built for him. During the talk about guitars and amps, Bert convinced me to buy a Kemper Amp, and so I did.

It took me a while to find my kind of sound (mostly clean), but after a few nights of playing with the KPA I started to understand how the amp works and how I can tweak it the way I like. And I must admit, this was the best amp purchase of my life. I have sold my vintage Bassman 4x10, Super Reverb and Vibroverb, because they are in my Kemper now, without the fear of the amp breaking down.

Last week I have bought the Kemper Pack from Bert and the Kemper became even more fun than it already was! Great sound and totally in love with the '62 Showman profile!

I have still a lot to learn, so from time to time I will be reading all the interesting threads here on the Kemper Forum.

Cheers!

Bas