Posts by ManuTheDude

Thank you, Kemper! You just got rid of all the stuff, that was a bit mind boggling to me in one single update! like not being able to control delay mixes etc. via pedal... The morphing feature is a far more elegant solution than anything I could have thought of... Delay in front of the amp gives me back my Pink Floyd sounds... Hi Cut, Lo Cut feature, much easier to dial in... And as an extra cherry on the mountain top I get a strobe tuner!!! Again, you made my life as a musician even easier! Thank you! tuner

Maybe it's because I HATE tuning up! I just hate it! I remember recording a whole album with a Korg stomp tuner. Double tracking of course. That LED screen is so jumpy... It took you forever to get the green and only the green LED to light up. And even after it was all green you played a chord and there were the beats. So I tuned it forever to the jumpy LED thing and then used harmonis to get it in tune. But that green light was sometimes 3cents off, sometimes 3 in the other direction... It was that record when I got the 590 and all my problems were solved. that LED stuff is okay for live use. And even live I use a Peterson Stomp Classic, which still isn't as acurate asthe mechanical strobe. If they did a mechanical stomp tuner that fits on a pedalboard, I would pay 800+ for it ASAP!

I didn't mean to come on to you like that, Ingolf. But when I think of all these horrible jumpy Korgs and Bosses etc. I used to deal with... Aaaaah!

Ingolf, ever heard of Conn tuners??? They've been around longer than rock'n'roll... Ever seen that red blinking thing on Gilmour's amps? What do you think these guys used in the studio?

I'm not blaming anyone that can't hear the difference, but please don't flame people that do hear it! On many LED style tuners one LED stands for 10 Cents! 10!!! And that is the one right next to the green all in tune one... In other words: your tuning is spot on until it's 10 Cents flat or sharp. . I don't have the time, nor the nerves to f__k around with stuff like that in the studio. I don't want my heavy double tracks to sound like I put a chorus on them. Sure, the Stones might have tuned to a piano by ear... If that's what YOU wanna do, go for it! But I stand my ground! LED and needle style tuners are useless in a studio environment! And I somehow get the feeling that you, sir, have never tuned with a real, mechanical strobe tuner. . If you did, you would know what I'm talkin about. No hard feelings! =)

Spending 2000 Euros on a Kemper and tracking guitars tuned with a 10 Euro LED tuner just doesn't add up in my world!

Exactly! Strobe tuners give you a better tuning result! Fact! Needle or LED style tuners are useless in a studio environment. I use a Peterson Autostrobe 590. Work 3 times faster, because you won't have to listen back for tuning issues. Those beats drove me nuts! You can't reproduce relatively in tune, but you can reproduce absolutely in tune with the right tuner and that is a must have for double tracking guitars!

Hey Kevin,

what you're looking for is the RectiShaper. It's the splattery octave up part of an Octavia, Octafuzz, etc. If you need the fuzz, pair it with the fuzz stomp. But most classic players used it in front of a dimed Marshall. With the old style octave fuzz pedals, which only have two knobs, boost and volume, the
    octave up effect becomes more audible, when you turn the boost (fuzz) down, so most guys won't use their octave fuzz for the fuzz anyway. I use the RectiShaper in front of a profile of my Marshall 2204 and I love it! It just reacts like my Fulltone Octafuzz, which needs a battery, since it is reverse polarity and you can't play it with a wireless, because it doesn't like buffered signals in front of it... Collecting dust...

Have fun trying the RectiShaper, which should totally have a guitarist-proof name. If I hadn't read by accident, that this recti thing can pull off octave fuzz sounds... =)