Posts by Cactusman

I bought a controller through kemper but I haven't been able to get it working. When I plug it in I just get a thin black line on the screen and nothing happens. I'm pretty sure I have a faulty unit, any advice where to go from here?

By cables I just meant the kemper power cable as well, there is only one cable connecting the remote with the kemper itself and it is the original cable. I'm going to pick up some short cat5 cables to test that. I carefully reattached the cable to make sure its connected and secure on both sides but I still can't seem to get the remote to power on. The best I got was a very small black bar showing up in the middle of the screen on the remote for about 5 seconds and then it was gone.

I recently bought the kemper remote, plugged it in and nothing.
    Updated to 5.4.1 and nothing, tried updating to the current beta 5.5.0 and still no luck. All the cables seem to be connected I checked for anything loose, am I missing something here?

@Trazan - How do I set the digital output frequency? No I don't see any signal whatsoever on total mix. I have selected S/PDIF in the settings for the babyface.

@telelogic - I just grabbed a random rca cable from Long & McQuade. I've just purchased one of these from amazon.ca, I hope it helps. (http://www.amazon.ca/FosPower%…&keywords=spdif+cable+rca)

@hjscheffler - I've set it to run at 44.1 khz, but how do I set it to be the sync slave?

Thanks for all your help on this.

Hello everyone,

So I've been saving for years to get my ultimate set up going. I'm a professional guitar player but a complete amateur when it comes to setting things like this up.

OK so I've bought a Kemper amp, and I want to route it into my RME babyface to keep it all digital as well as the higher sample rate. My setup so far is I have the Kemper plugged in, and use an RCA Coaxial cable from the Kemper into a Midiman C02 Coaxial/Optical Converter. From there I have the converter plugged into my RME Babyface but I seem to be getting no signal from my amp. Did I set it up wrong maybe?

I'm getting pretty frustrated with this, the only thing I can think of is maybe the converter has malfunctioned and isn't working properly.

Anybody care to share their input?