Posts by MrGiggles

Hello Hell G

OK, I'll try all that and let you know how it goes. Not sure if I have a USB cable around, so it might take
    a day or so, if I have to go buy one.

Thanks again

MrGiggles

Hello Hell G

I had downloaded the Rig Manager to the computer first. Then I moved onto the Flash Drive. This is how I did all the
    other rig downloads. When I click on the Flash Drive Device, it does come up with not only all the Rigs, but the Rig
    Manager as being on the Flash Drive as well.

I then used the Flash Drive to download all the Rigs onto the Kemper. I assumed the Rig Manager went along with that
    download. All it said when it was finished was 98 Rigs downloaded. It did not mention if the Rig Manager was downloaded
    also. Logic says it should have been.

Did I do something incorrectly ? Is there a way to know if it is downloaded on the Kemper ? Actually if it is downloaded on
    my computer, how do I get into it from there ? Maybe I'm using it and I don't even realize, because I was able to get to Sharing Rigs section
    the other day and picked out a Mesa Mark Five:25 to download and that worked and was downloaded along with the other Rig Packs.

I feel like I'm on the right track ! Let me know what you think or if I am missing a step somewhere !

MrGiggles

Hello

So far things are going pretty well. Finally got my Flash Drive. I formatted it, then I was able to move the newest update from the computer
    to the flash drive and onto the Kemper just fine. I then downloaded a bunch of the Free Rig packets and the Rig Manager using the flash
    drive and that seemed to work as well.

The Rigs seemed to have downloaded just fine. I have just shy of 400. Should be able to fine enough to work with for now !

What I am wondering is, how do I know if the Rig Manager is downloaded or not ? When I first got the Kemper I was able to scroll
    through the factory presets and listen to them just fine......picking out quite a few I liked. I didn't do anything as far as moving around
    or tweaking. I just made note of them for now. I haven't given a listen to any of the new downloaded rigs as of yet. If the Rig Manager is
    downloaded or not, how will it effect me ?

I've seen categories like All Rigs / My Favorites etc.............sort by Alphabet / Name etc........ Are these things do-able without the Rig
    Manger or is it necessary.

Anyway just not really sure what the Rig Manager does and how will I know it is loaded and working.

Thanks again

MrGiggles

Hello

Thanks again for the response to my Boogie inquiry. I love Boogies. I met the owner Randall Smith and his # 1 Mike Bendinelli guy years and years ago and they were super nice. Just regular folks. Mike will even call you back on your cell if you have issues. How many big companies of any kind will do that. Always loved their tone too. I like the
    older Boogies better, but the Lonestar / Stilleto / Transatlantic and the new Mark V:25 sound cool too. I'll probably put together a whole collection of Boogie
    profiles straight away.

Questions about Flash Drives. I am looking at one of those Cartoon Character Flash Drive by Emtec (Speedy Gonzales - love that cartoon) If it just dies one
    day from cheap-atude, I'm not screwed correct ? I can just buy another Drive, Reformat in the Kemper again and start all over yea ?? ?(

Thanks again !

MrGiggles

Hello Robman

Thanks for the info. I'll look into it. Amp Factory is certainly on my list. Yea, LOVE my Mark IIB. Bought it brand new (late 70's ??) and nothing has replaced it since. Mine is
    real beefy too, with plenty of low end. Sent is back about 10 years ago and Mike Bendinelli did a " deaf louie " mod on the effects loop. That was their first Effects loops and it has some issues. It is better, not great, but best he could do with that circuit. While recording they are noisy .....my house wiring doesn't help though. Live, they weigh a ton, as
    all Boogie's do. :thumbdown: Too old for that at this point. Even though Carlos used a Mark I, I like this better personally. More gain. I don't have to have allthe knobs on " 7 " as he used to do, in order to get infinite sustain and warm tone, so that is a plus.

Thanks again

MrGiggles

Hello

Thanks for all the positive messages and welcomes. Special thanks to Raoul for the initial info. Sounds like
    I am on the right track.

Not being super computer savvy, I'm sure I will be needing some help. I will read through the manual.
    I actually enjoy that type of thing, but as things come up I will almost certainly be posting some questions.

One Profile / Rig question. I am looking for a real good Mesa Boogie Mark IIB profile. I have that amp
    and I am a huge Santana fan and can get that Carlos sound.... like on the Live parts of the Moonflower Album with
    the flick of the on switch. Might be nice to find a well done profile of that sound for studio and live
    play. Any thoughts on a good profile, please feel free to let me know ! I realize I can try it myself, but at this point I
    need to become more acquainted with the unit to do a proper job of profiling my Boogie the way it should be.

Thanks again to everyone !

MrGiggles

Hello :thumbup:

I have 3.0.2 (10951). I plan to download Rig Manager, so I assume I should download the latest update first.

Can I just download that to my computer first ?? I plan to buy a new Flash Drive today. I've read you have to put the Flash Drive
    into the Kemper unit first to format it properly. Then I insert the Flash into the computer. I can then transfer the update to the Flash Drive.
    Then download Rig Manager, the same way. I am not a super computer guy by any means, so I may have questions for you folks as I go.

Does it sound like I am understanding things properly to this point ? :/

What size Flash Drive would be good ?? I won't be downloading 1000's of rigs, but maybe a 100 - 200 or so.

Again, Hello to all and I look forward to some fun with the Kemper and for a little Profiling camaraderie.

MrGiggles :)