Posts by gregwilde

Regarding Question 2, I think what you're looking for is a Radial Cabbone

Thanks for the replies. That Radial Cabbone is expensive.

As far as connecting 2 cabinets with a Y cable...... The Kemper power out says 8-16 ohms. So I could connect 2 cabinets of 16 ohms each? (in parallel, they would be 8 ohms total?)

My other question regarding Cabinet simulation..... can I have one output of the Kemper with Cab sim turned on? And another output with Cab Sim turned off? (understanding like the previous poster says, I would have to have a stereo amp, or 2 mono amps).

Sounds like easier to go all guitar Cabinets or FRFR cabinets? Not mix and match?

Again, many thanks
    Greg

I have the Amplifier powered version of the Kemper.

Here is what I am wanting to do and need some advice:

Have an Atomic (passive) CLR cabinet, and a Mesa Thiele Cabinet
    I want to hook both to my Kemper, and either run in stereo.. or just switch between the 2.

Question # 1 - Can I even run in stereo? I could hook my CLR up to the Power output. Use an additional SS Amp and run the monitor out to this and onto the Mesa Cabinet. But then, would I have the issue of Cabinet simulation? For the CLR, I would want Cab Simulation on. But for the Thiele, I would want Cab Simulation off. I couldn't find in any of the manuals if I can do this selectively by output.

Question # 2 - simpler option is to just switch the power output between the CLR and the Mesa Thiele (mono). If I wanted to go this route, I would want some sort of A/B switch that would handle the power output of the Kemper Amplifier. What device could I use to do this switching between the cabinets? On a previous thread, I saw mention of a "Palmer Cabinet M" device. But looks like they are in Germany, and I am in the US.

I have had my Kemper for about 4 months and love it. But I continue to learn more every day. I really appreciate the support provided on this forum.

Thanks
    Greg
    :?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?:

Hello, I have a Kemper Profiler with the Powerhead amplifiers. And I have a CLR passive Cabinet.

Stupid question... but what kind of cable(s) should I use between the Kemper Amplifier output and the Atomic CLR?

Looks like a TS cable (2 conductor ring/tip)... not a 3 conductor TRS?

Also, can I use any old TS (1/4 inch) guitar cable? Or do I need a specific TS cable for the power load to the CLR?

And also am I correct, that there is no XLR output from the Kemper Amplifier? I assume I would XLR if I was going from one of the line level out jacks on the Kemper to a Powered speaker?

Thanks
    Greg

:?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?:

You might want to talk a look at Quilter Amps Tone Block. I love quilter amps. They make great solid state equipment. I have 2 of their Mach 2 solid state guitar amps, and they are fantastic.

G

I am just new to the Kemper and profiling type amps in general, so trying to learn as much as I can. I love to play music, for enjoyment and relaxation. I am also "gadget geek".. whether its guitars, amps, photography, woodworking, etc. Always trying to learn something new.

Since the Kemper will be used in my home office 90% of the time, I am not sure what kind of speakers I need. Most on here, seem to be using the Kemper for live gigs and rehearsals. So I don't need 100s of watts of power, or huge speakers. I was wondering if I should just get a couple studio monitors?

Any other thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks
    Greg

Not sure why my original post text was lost, but here goes.

I am a new owner of a Kemper Powerhead. So far I am loving it, and spending a lot of time trying to learn as much as I can. I appreciate the willingness of the folks here to answer the questions I have already posted.

I wanted to share my current setup, and get any advice.
    Kemper Powerhead (with remote)
    Behringer Eurolive B2112XL (non powered) - connected to Speaker out (powered by internal amp)
    Yamaha HS8 (powered) - connected to Main Output (L) via XLR cable

Guitar is just a life long love. I do not perform, and do not plan to record.
    I own about 20 guitars (Gibby and Epi Les pauls, ES335, SG, PRS 408, PRS McCarty, Clapton Strat, Fender Tele, G&L Comanche, Peavey T60, Schecter C1/640, Ibanez, etc)
    This setup is for my home office "studio".I like mostly 60s/70s/80s pop/rock.
    I play lots of rhythm but also love to learn iconic riffs and leads.
    I love clean amps to crunch, blues, and low/medium distortion.
    I wanted the Kemper so I can experiment with a lot of the historic amps, and to get close to the original sounds for the songs I am learning.
    I got tired of buying and selling amps online!

Questions,

1. Any thoughts on the setup and the equipment I am using.
    2. Is it ok to run stereo like this? (one powered and one unpowered) Should I just go mono?
    3. What should my output settings be? Currently have Main (Yamaha) to Master Stereo, and Monitor Out (Behringer) to Master Mono
    4. Any recommendations on speakers? I see a lot here about the CLR.
    5. What about a guitar cabinet to use? Will this color things too much? And what cabinet would you all recommend?
    6. For cleans, I love Fender Bassman, twin reverb, Roland JC, Vox. What rigs/profiles would you recommend I purchase/download.
    7. For heavier, I like Marshall, D/13, Blackstar, Orange.. again suggestions for rig profiles?
    8. Based on what I have described, what other amps/rigs/profiles would you recommend?

Other thoughts???

Again, I want to thank each of you in advance. Sorry for so many questions.

Greg

After having GAS for the Kemper for some time, got a Powerhead today with the remote. So far, I am loving it. Still got a lot to learn, but wow.

Stupid question, how do I get the headphone out to work? I plug in headphones in, but cannot get any sound on them. It keeps playing on the power output to my speaker. Am I missing an obvious setting?

Thanks in advance.
    Greg
    ?(