Posts by jbpaul1970

Dang... hadn't even thought about the condenser not working. At that point I was trying anything.

Initially I selected no cabinet since I didn't have a separate cabinet. I did try capturing the profile when "no cabinet" was not selected and experienced the same result.

I do hear the reference amp when I selected that; however, I will double check that because the amp is in the same room (it's a challenge I have to live with due to space limitation, my children don't want my amps in their rooms for some reason :) )

I didn't touch the return volume level. I will try that.

After having the Kemper for almost 3 years, this is my first attempt at capturing a profile. I've just modified stock or free ones and like them. I just wanted to try capturing my 6505+.

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

I have attempted to profile a Peavey 6505+ 1x12 combo amp. I believe I have the connections correct, guitar to Kempter input, Direct Output/Send to the amp input, an SM57 in front of the amp connected via XLR to the Return Input. I switch the profiler to Profiler set the output volume select next, select clean and no cabinet, press next and select start profiling. I can hear the spacey noises coming out of the amp. Then the profiler errors out with a statement such as there is no amp connected or the volume is too low. I have turned the volume up to near full. I've checked all the cables are in working condition. I even switched mics to rather sensitive condenser mic, and I get the same result. Any ideas on what I might be doing incorrectly?

This is a Kemper lunchbox, non powered model with software version 5.3.1.13085.