Posts by derdider

Checked the CPU and memory and all is fine.

I ended up bypassing the PC and just plugged the outputs of the kemper directly to my monitors and i still get the same issues,

Playing music from another source through the monitors is perfect.

For some reason it sounds even worse tonight.

I dont have headphones to hand to try a differnt output source

Sounds just like artifacts when the buffer size is too small. Like you are out of memory.

Thanks for that. I had in my head it could be a PC issue alright but I couldn't figure out what.

I had restarted the PC and there was nothing else running but it still didn't fix it.

I will check the memory when I get back and let you know

Hi

I've owned my Kemper for probably 7-8 years without any issues.

I connect my guitar through the input on the front of the kemper, the kemper is connected to my PC and then the outputs of my PC soundcard go to studio monitors. It has been this way for years.

Sometimes I can go 2-3 weeks without playing it.

Last week when I plugged in, I started hearing crackling noises behind clean tones and the volume was swelling. I thought it might be a bad guitar cable so I changed cable but it still persisted.

I thought it might be a bad input jack so changed guitars but it still persisted.

I restarted the Kemper and restarted the PC. The issue was still there.

Changing to a heavily distorted sound, palm mutes sounded scratchy, not thumping.

I shut it all down and a day or two later tried again. The issue was still there. Again, I tried multiple guitars and multiple guitar cables. I even bought a new cable to try.

You can listen below for a sound sample. Here

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Its a clean tone with no effects. No expression pedal effects on this patch. The volume swelling is more pronounced while strumming chords. You can hear a crackle behind the sound too.

Anyone have any ideas ?