Posts by snowy

Sharry,
    This is a work in progress - so I haven't decided on a final combination of profiles yet and I'm not 100% trying to find Pete Greens sound at this stage.
    Rather give the feel of the recording and the best combination of sounds to add interest to a solo performance.
    I also play the base part at the same time, (open bottom E using a plectrum for a lot of the recording - to the beat of the drums).- so that effects the profiles I've chosen as well.
    These profiles suit a Strat. with Demarzio Area pickups - (your guitar may need different profiles).
    Gundy Gilmourish, Gilmour clean 1 Wip, TAF-low tides, Till's Recto clean2, Gilmour HEY Acoustic, U2 WireIntro&Harm F2#aO, U@ WherStrNoNam F2#a0, !RZ_EnglTH_M2, !Hotel Acoustic, Yamaha PB-! Thumb, Lovepedal OD11
    (The last one is played very lightly to avoid the distortion in the profile kicking in).
    I selectivley switch between these profiles during the course of the music.
    Cheers.

I'm hoping Rig Manager will evolve and give us some more capability, (like being able to change the rig order in the lists and put the ones your most interested in at the top - not possible at the moment).
    I create files of performers, (put the John Mayer sounds in his file, same with Peter Green etc etc).
    A lot of rigs are copied into more than one file, (but I was trying to find a way to access files purely by performance suitability).
    Every time I do this the master Rig Manager file grows with all these multiple copies and it gets more and more unwieldy to find new rig updates for evaluation.
    Also have a file of clean rigs, acoustic rigs, clean sustain, etc.
    A benefit of grouping this way is that you get a lot of "similar" but different sounding rigs grouped in a file.
    I pick recordings - say Albatross or Gravity and load selected similar sounding rigs into performances under those names.
    During the performance I step through these using the Kemper Remote, (It gives the the music a subtle extra dimension for instance you can reposition the "Albatross" within the music - move it closer or further away).

Nyquist is only relevant to repetitive waveforms, that's not music.
    Lot of stuff on the Web is just plain wrong or misused, the DAC reference on aliasing was written some 20 years ago to justify a DAC companies position on sticking with a 96Kb DAC when everybody else in the World was moving to 192Kb.
    I listen to Redbook, (one of the reasons music sales plummeted around 20 years ago) and I try too avoid it.
    (The misrepresentation of Nyquist was used to justify Redbook digitising rates at that time).
    A lot of 96k x 24 which is much better providing it was recorded properly.
    Some 129K x 24, this can be stunning - if the recording techniques employed justified its use in that particular recording situation.
    (it's the only digital music that can make me cry, like some old vinyl masters I still have)
    A lot of my music is based around electric guitars and the difference between the above standards is still apparent, (providing everything in your listening chain is reproducing the sound at the required quality).

Once you hear this stuff on the right equipment you can't go back.

The Kemper runs at Redbook CD quality, but with 24 bits which gives the music more dynamic range, (dynamic range contributes to musical emotion, you can have dynamic range and compression going on at the same time in a recording of combined instruments).
    The cost of computational power alone required to build a Kemper running "properly" at 192 x 24 and performing all it's incredible magic is probably the show stopper at this time.

Many electric guitarists I know that have been playing at high volumes for a long time now have damaged hearing, it comes with the territory.
    Just because some of us can't hear the difference doesn't mean it's not there.
    We need more "Monotone's" to fuel future Kemper improvements.
    Cheers Snowy.

Monotone's right in every way, I can understand why he's walked away from all the "insight errors" presented in the developing communication within this thread.
    Don't shoot the messenger, the Kemper's a great box, (in a world of trade off's), but it would be a much better box at 96k and marginally even better again at 192k.
    (obviously providing all the analog, digital and software engineering changes required where addressed).
    Main problem is present availability of content and the present projected price tag.
    Kemper are aware of all this and would be researching the next generation - of Professional digitising rate Profiler.
    Just hope I'm around.
    Snowy.

The headphone symbol graphic needs to be inverted so the background behind the symbol is blacked out - it would make it much easier to spot in a long list of profiles.
    Would also be nice if the symbol didn't sometimes vanish when temporarily changing views and didn't create multiple copies randomly.

When we create our own files in Rig Manager, Say Gilmour, Meyar, Green etc. find and store suitable profiles in these files, (sometimes a single profile ends up copied into ten different files).
    The main "All Rigs" file where we search from grows enormously with all the multiple copies that we create, we repeatedly run into our own already evaluated profiles.

We need a "except for in these named files" search option added onto All Rigs.