Posts by jlw5150

In case anyone has the problem I solved it to around 90%. My problem was a fizz after playing clean - mainly on ac30 profile. Made worse by gain and boost and a telecaster.

solved almost entirely by switching the eq pedal off that I had on the stomps. Which killed the tone. So I went into the eq pedal and found dropping the 5000hrtz down. To almost 12 o’clock. Way quieter now. Doesn’t quite have the nice snap it had but it better fit recording.

the gate had no effect on the fizz while the note was playing.

still annoying as I have bass profiles that are completely silent. I need to do some lore digging
    but For now This seems to 90/95% do the trick.

Presets are available in the Delays Rig Pack - it is included in Rig Manager (as are all of the Rig Packs), or you can download it from the Kemper-amps website.

Hi, I'm in the same position. lots of legacy delays - i don't have a simple single or double delay, which is frustrating - i have all of the new ones though, i'm on:

rig manager Version 2.0.15 (12801)
    Kemper Profiler OS 5.1.1.12825 Release

I don't see a 'delays Rig Pack' in the downloads -

i just downloaded:

Legacy Factory Rig Packs 2012
    but that doesn't look right either - there's no delays in it.

hoping you can help, cheers, j

feeling pretty glum - trying to get my album recorded - have updated to the latest version looking fwd to all the new delays etc, and now kemper sounds rubbish.

i have legacy delays appearing in the menu, my once gorgeous clean sound is muddy and sounds fake when recording... and is now crackling.

(everything sounds better through the cab than through Logic now, to the point where i've been tempted to mic the cab which is ridiculous)

i've changed nothing in the way i'm doing anything other than the OS

I've done some reading here about legacy delays in hope it might just be that, and there's some posts about going backwards and loading old kaos bins... but when i go to the the downloads the only one available = Profiler Operating System 1.8.2

looking at operating systems in the downloads and it just has the latest...

feeling lost and stupid and currently no recording is going on. can anyone help?

Played my (powered) Kemper live for the first time on Saturday night. I thought Id write down a few thoughts:

I’d done a remix for a band (Keltrix) a while back, and they invited me to play my guitar parts live. As I was only playing on one tune on the night, I thought I’d give the Kemper a try - as I’d not have much to lose, and the mix required some reverbs i don’t’ own in pedal form, so went for it.

Apologies for the lack of confidence with the Kemper, but when you’ve been playing ‘real’ amps for 30 years, going on stage with a digital toaster that you’ve not moved since buying it (though I’ve played it and record with it a fair bit), is a little nerve wracking. I still took a 2x12 EVH cab for comfort/security. I think the fact that you only ever see big bands with Kempers, and they always have at least 2 or 3 of them kind of sticks in your mind a little. Also, if you’re playing at a small venue with maybe 2 or 3 wedges, you might struggle finding yourself - I’d say it’s essential that you have your own monitor. You’d be in trouble if you turned up with just the head, and had to share a monitor.

Carrying the head and pedal board in the bag was heavier then I’d anticipated, but not as heavy as my Fender amp. I think the idea that you’d be able to get the train with the head and a guitar is a nice one, but in reality, I’d not want to walk very far with it, and I’m a strapping lad. I didn’t like the way the pedal clanked against the head as i walked, so I’ll be putting a cloth on there next time too.

Having experienced the Looper pedal nightmare (how the F do i switch this thing off?!) at home, I was interested to read that someone had locked the pedal by putting a cable tie around it, which worked perfectly for me.

I’m not sure if it was real or not, but pulling one of these out of a bag and putting it on stage did cause an amount of interest. Added pressure, in a way, as i’d have looked a proper twit if it hadn’t worked - but a great point of conversation later. One thing that made my heart jump into my mouth was pulling out the ethernet cable for the pedal, as the plastic end caught on another wire, and i couldn’t help thinking if I’d have yanked that out, it would have broken. To my mind that is probably the only soft spot on the rig, and needs addressing.

Sound check was very simple once i’d calmed my nerves after being asked 'which hole? The sound girl was delighted when she looked, saying ‘ooh stereo!’ I’ve only ever DI’d an amp once, it was for an acoustic, I vowed never to do it again 'cause it sounded horrific, so the lack of mic on the cab made me a little nervous.

Switched it on… tuned up (sorry but the tuner is not quite up to the old Boss TU that I’ve used for decades, but it’s ok)… opened up the volume on the Les Paul and the room flooded with lovely clean P90, solid, EQ’d, balanced, and responsive sound. The heavy sound fed back against the cab which was pleasant too. (not sure it’d do that without a cab??) Used a tweaked Fender Deville profile for clean and slightly over driven, with a touch of the new Crystal delay and some reverb. Engl PowerBall profile for heavy. Played with the gate almost off - what you lose in pristine quiet sound, you gain (i think) in responsiveness. It’s really easy to get carried away with that amazing gate, i think.

Played well, admittedly held back a bit - but was rewarded later by being asked to play again in the encore, and this time I let my hair down, and the Kemper responded in kind. One thing that you won’t be surprised about was the time it took to switch the amp back on felt like FOREVER once the applause died down and the audience waited expectantly.

It all packed up quickly after, and got a taxi home (after a few beers), which admittedly would have been way easier if i’d have not brought the cab, and wasn’t so drunk.

The thought of people turning up with a USB stick to use the ’house Kemper’ struck me as I chatted to one of the other bands. I love and hate the idea at the same time. It’d certainly be a damn site cheaper for bands to travel around like that. We also talked about our favourite guitarists who may have got their sound partially through the limitations of their kit, which clearly doesn’t apply to the Kemper situation. Maybe also that future generations who will have been born into this age will not have any hang ups, but they’ll miss out on the joy of working with and sometimes against your kit - the debate will go on for years.

There’s a comfort in nostalgia, there’s comfort in things staying the same. I’m incredibly nostalgic about music, but I see a danger in it too. I guess if you were to separate the Kemper from the amp, and the Kemper sat on the floor as a bunch of pedals with amp simulators in it, you’d be in pretty much the same place, at least for solid state amps, and no one would raise an eyebrow.

I’m left with a very pleasant feeling that has continued on to this Monday morning. The balance and solid feeling along with the very full/warm sound has put a big smile on my face.
    I can’t wait to play it live again, but will be taking a cab for the time being, or look into eating my own wedge.

yes, thanks - it was the simplest of things - a small file browser window (on my laptop) and a PDF that appears at the bottom of a long list of files that i looked at but didn't scroll to the bottom of - so i missed it.

It wasn't until i read a sarcastic reply on another message that i realised there must be another PDF somewhere that explains it.

I'll know from now on.

I think it might be helpful to have all instructions on top level.

None of the Youtube videos i watched showed how import the delays either.

never mind = lots of lovely delays in there - great fun. bed now though.

why not put that info in the pdf that tells you how to install? it would have saved me about 2 hours. I can't find how to delete this message either but I'm not going to waste any more time on this. sheesh.

Hey there - i have had the powered toaster and 2x12 5150 for a couple of months - strugglig a bit, partially with nerves - but getting there i think. eek.

Would love to meet up with any users in Cams if there are any.

But just saying 'hello' really.

I have been playing for about 30 years
    Main squeezes are LP Custom with Bareknuckle p90 in neck, stock bridge.
    Fender Strat that is fake, cost me 100 quid and sounds amazing.
    Fender Deville - which still has superior clean so far, but i'm working on it for the Kemper.
    Been making records for... a while in bands, and released my solo album start of the year on double vinyl, financed through Kickstarter.
    Couple of tracks if you're interested:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Best wishes,

J

p.s. saddly, that is not my guitar.