Posts by doombie22

i have an H9 Maxx with a 4 cable config for the crunch station which you want to run in Pre modes...it is fantastic tool and sounds great also..looking to add an fractal FX 8 at some point..but the jury is still out on that one, depending on 5.0. you can't go wrong with the H9 though

in my avatar is the speaker cabinet i use for my Kemper monitor out..it consists of 2 eminence delta pro 12 (which is as close to a EV12L that you can get )and 2 JBL E120's. if i am getting a coloration in sound, i am here to tell ya, it is the best coloration i have ever had. ev12L's, which i have 4 of, sound great also, i am running these with the power section of a bugera 1990. and it kicks ass. I tried powering it with my mesa mark v power section but i like the Bugera better (go figure)...both are tubes, which are supposedly color the sound also. my suggestion is to go with the 12Ls they are speakers that give a pristine sound to what ever i put through them. i prefer tube power, but that is just me. i have also run this cabinet's speakers with a variety of solid state power amps which have sounded great too. in my book you cannot go wrong with the ev's or in my case Eminence. and the JBL's have been solid performers for 20+ years i have used them. I prefer the tone i get from the tubes and these speakers to the FRFR's i have used. like i said not trying to start a flame war cuz your mileage may vary. I will say Ingolf is correct when he says they are heavy because that beast clocks in a 120 lbs, but they sound great.. I use a single EV12l cab when i gig out. i am still a little old school..i guess

I had the same issue and contacted support. They confirmed that it is a bug and will be fixed in the next update. Just push the soft button for OK and go on about your business.

I have been getting the same feedback from the old tube amp purists too..i just don't sound like a tube amp. when questioned they can not explain why, but their golden ears can tell the difference. well the first guitarist who heard and electric guitar thru an amp for the first time said, "ya know it just don't sound like a real guitar". The paradigm will change as i see more and more kempers in studios all over the world, and if these golden ear purists are using them: it is for a damn good reason. purists have resisted almost all advancement in music, and in general life..if they would have had their way we would still be singing Gregorian Chants with no accompaniment. IMHO

To be perfectly honest in 44 yrs of playing all variety of amps, when they are properly tubed and bias adjusted, they all pretty much sound alike played clean or with overdrive applied. of course there are differences, but el34 rigs sound like el34 rigs, 6l6 sound like 6l6's etc...YMMV....

I think the term flavors is fitting..i tend to like the cleaner profiles myself. when i play my tube amps clean i seem to get a general tone from all of them with EQ flat and they do sound similar, but they each have a different flavor, just some little nuance that sets them apart, and maybe barely audible to some but to me i can pick it out. it is the same with the Kemper.

the high gain tones i can also say a lot of them sound similar, but with a different flavor. but i too get ear fatigue where a lot of profiles sound a like. i go get a glass of wine or coffee depending on my mood, and give them a rest. it seems to help in picking out the unique flavor of most of the profiles but a lot of time i am splitting hairs...your mileage may vary

I almost always use a strat or tele with my kemper, but also use a 71 gibson lespaul occasionally ..have humbuckers in all my guitars, but i really like the teles' with the kemper..still a fanboy. happy to hear the enthusiasm.

I use a variety of pedals in front of my Kemper..mostly overdrive units of the Klon type..they just add a little flavor and coloration and boost of my signal. i have a fulltone univibe which sounds great in front but not in the loop. With different rigs they all sound a little different.. i use them mostly with cleaner gain rigs. There is one pedal that just sounds great with my Kemper, it is Biyang Metal End. the least expensive pedal i have, but adds great coloration to the Klon clones and Xotics in front of it. (except i have the distortion knob almost off on the biyang). i was leery about how the Kemper was going to handle them as i have many dollars invested in my pedal board, but fret not, they all have the same sonic quality they had in front of my Mesa Mark V. love that toaster