Posts by clarityinchaos

I have a Kemper lunchbox and use Logic Pro. I'm thinking of buying the Apollo Twin Duo Thunderbolt interface and would like to use spdif to connect the pair to free up the analog inputs and avoid more ADA conversion. Does anybody have any experience using the Kemper with the Apollo. I would be grateful for any opinions and tips and alternatives. I'm currently using the Duet 2 but would like the thunderbolt facility and access to the UAD plugins. Thanks.

I have two Mission EP1-KP Pedals and a Kemper remote on my pedalboard (see pic). They are wired from outputs 1 on the pedals to inputs 5 and 6 on the remote using TRS cables. I have successfully calibrated and set up the outer pedal which is plugged into input 6 as a dedicated global volume control. How do I set up the other pedal in input 5 so that it can be set to do things on a profile by profile basis. I have inserted a Wah block in one profile and set the function to Wah in the system menu, but I'd really like to be able to do different things with this pedal from profile to profile. How do I set this up?

I have a Kemper Remote and Mission EP1-KP. Firstly, do I really need to connect Output 2 of the pedal to the remote given that I can switch in or out effects on the remote? Secondly, is there any real benefit to me getting another expression pedal to take advantage of the new morphing feature as well as being able to control the usual vol/wah functions? I don't mind buying another pedal if it is of significant functional benefit to me, but if I can save space and money by being able to accomplish my needs (which are fairly generic) with the remote and my existing solitary pedal, that would be good. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

I have a Kemper Remote and Mission EP1-KP. Firstly, do I really need to connect Output 2 of the pedal
    to the remote given that I can switch in or out effects on the remote? Secondly, is there any real benefit to me getting another expression pedal to take advantage of the new morphing feature as well as being able to control the usual vol/wah functions? I don't mind buying another pedal if it is of significant functional benefit to me, but if I can save space and money by being able to accomplish my needs (which are fairly generic) with the remote and my existing solitary pedal, that would be good. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

Just to reiterate. I am after a conventional speaker, not FRFR. I am only after a 1x12 for the sake of portability. It is a powered Kemper so not looking for an amp. I do have a pair of RCF NX12 SMA speakers that I use for gigging already. Just looking for a comparison of conventional guitar speakers!

I'm looking to get a 1x12 speaker cab made, for smaller gigs with my powered Kemper. Would be grateful for any ideas re: Speakers. Vintage 30, greenback, Creamback, EV? I don't want a full range speaker but would like something that gives a good balance of lows, mods and highs. Thanks.

I am planning to record bass into Logic. Ideally I wanted to have a direct signal and a profile on two separate tracks. I am using an Apogee Duet 2.and have the main XLR outputs from the Kemper going into the XLR inputs on the Duet. If anyone has experience doing this and could guide me through the process of simply setting this up I'd be very appreciative. ;)

I'm pretty new to the Kemper and I love it. One thing I have noticed though, is the absence of ambient rigs on the unit and in the rig exchange general. I know that the prime purpose of the Kemper is to profile amps but I want an all singing all dancing unit - something to replace all of my pedals! Things like pitch shifts after delays and that sort of thing. There is the "use your v knob" rig which is the sort of thing I'm talking about and there have been things online like the LA '80's Michael Landau sound. I am talking about more keyboard/pad type sounds, the sort of thing you can get out of the strymon delay and reverb pedals. I don't want to use external pedals and I'm fairly certain it's possible to create these sorts of sounds with the Kemper but so far I've been fairly unsuccessful! Any pointers would be most welcome and gratefully received.

I have just taken delivery of a Mission Engineering EP1-KP which is plugged into my remote using a TRS cable. Before I make a pedal board up, I wanted to ask whether I can assign the function of the EP1-KP on a profile by profile basis. In other words, can it function as a volume pedal on one patch, a wah on another and control the Univibe rate on yet another? I really can't believe I need to buy loads of expression pedals but I have heard conflicting information on this subject. I'd appreciate a definitive answer please. Many thanks!

Kemper Profiler Head and Remote
    Mission Engineering EP1-KP
    RCF NX 12-SMA (pair)

Just taken delivery of a pair of RCF NX SMA-12's and stands which sound brilliant. I am looking to get a stand to put the Kemper on so I can twiddle7623 without being bent double! Does anybody have any experience or ideas please? Many thanks.

I have a Kemper Head and want to record bass into Logic Pro via an Apogee Duet 2 USB interface. I have loaded the Bass profiles supplied as a download on the Kemper website into my Kemper but would like some advice as to the best way to record a profile and DI at the same time with the equipment that I have or other better ways to get a great recorded bass guitar sound please?

I would be interested to know what everybody rates as the best commercial profiles out there. Especially interested in best Metal, classic rock, clean and ambient profiles. I have the Kemper loaded up with 3.2 firmware and I have downloaded all the free packs on the Kemper website plus the Michael Britt freebies on his site. All awesome sounds but trying to narrow it all down to a few key profiles!

I have recently bought a Kemper Power Head which I love and use all the time! I also own a Fryette Power Station which i use for various things. I have disabled the internal power section of the Kemper and have used the Fryette as the power amp from the monitor out. I am using a Suhr 2x12 open backed cab with Celestian G12-65's in. To my mind the sound is better. For live use it definitely has more shimmer and punch which I prefer to power stage of the Power Head. I also play bass and prefer the power head amp for that. I noticed that Michael Britt always uses a valve power stage with his Kemper for onstage monitoring while the main outputs go to front of house. Has anybody else used a valve amp with the Kemper and if so are there any tweaks that are recommended to compensate for the fact that it probably isn't as flat or linear as a solid-state amp that the Kemper was designed to work with?

Just bought a Kemper in white. Ran it from the monitor out into my Suhr Hedgehog power section into matching 2x12 cab, switched off the Kemper cab simulation and it sounded awesome. What are people's thoughts on amps for:the Kemper. I wasn't over impressed with the powered version and I think they missed a trick not doing a stereo version or separate optimised amps; mono or stereo.