Posts by GregR

I'm currently automating all of my Kemper sound changes from Ableton Live. Trying to focus more on playing and less on tap dancing live.

Right now the Kemper responds to every program change and CC number, except for #24 (MOD). It's intermittent and just doesn't respond 50% of the time.

Is there anything possible explanation for this? Would it maybe be more reliable to have a separate rig for each configuration of effects (ex. Marshall 69 with chorus, Marshall 69 without chorus) and use Program Changes only?

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

I'm noticing most people are boosting their input sensitivities. I actually have to turn my clean sens way down to about -3.0db to -9.0db to prevent the input from clipping (and when the LED goes red I get a loud popping/crackling noise).

What's the matter here?

New KPA user here. I was lucky enough to snatch the very last Kemper in the Canadian Long & McQuade (it's basically our Guitar Center). Otherwise I would have had to wait who knows how long for it to make it overseas.

I've spent a large percentage of my time in the past month finding new sounds from the rig exchange and a few commercial ones from Top Jimi and The Amp Factory. Also loving Tills cabs which I've been mixing with the aforementioned profiles. Tons of mixing and matching, and I seem to be spending more time browsing and turning knobs than I am actually playing notes on my instrument. Hahaha.

Originally planned to use it for recording purposes, but am now toying with the idea of using it live as well. Picked up an ART SLA-1 power amp on the cheap to run it through my Marshall cab, although down the road I'd like to shift to the FRFR approach. I know the sound will be incredible, although I'm a little sad that my plastic rack and monitor on the floor isn't going to look as cool as a tube amp + pedals. Whatever though, I'll deal with it.

It's really great to buy a product that has as active a community as the Kemper does. Anyways, I've been quietly reading this page now for over a month now, and thought I'd finally get around to saying hi!