Posts by Matchoo93

Yeah that's what is happening, but without the editing. This is from a fresh boot up so no editing has occurred yet.

My performance just wiped itself on Rig Manager, so I'm currently making it again, we'll see if it works now.

Hey everyone, every time I boot my Kemper and turn it to Perform, the first slot loads up as a different profile, yet the name is the correct one. It takes a few switches back and forth, even up and down the slots for it to clear and go back to normal.

Any ideas?

So as the title says, I'm going to be using my Kemper this Saturday live for the first time. Does anyone have any tips for me?

I've tried it through two different PA's, which were in a rehearsal room so they were only the sort that you use in small venues/ only tops.

One PA it sounded great, the other sounded harsh and brittle using the exact same settings.

The venue I'll be playing as a massive PA System, which I'm guessing is fullrange as it has subs too.

So yeah, any tips?

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I've managed to get it to this with tweaking, but its still not 100%. Can't imagine that sounding good through FoH.

Any ideas?

I seem to be having very similar issues to you too. I can't see how people are getting useable direct tones from these amps (from what ive experienced) but I've saw friends get great sounds using the exact same settings and profile's.

I actually tested that today and my friend was clueless as to the difference. Mine is always fizzy.

Have you checked that the Cab portion of your Kemper is turned on while you go through the PA? If it is, I'm having the exact same problem as you, through PA and into an Interface to record.

The stems that I put above were just a straight test record from my Kemper, I already took some of the high end off on the Channel EQ on Logic 9.

I've tried EQing on the Kemper with the three dials on the profiles, but as you say, not much changes. These profiles are the first ones I've brought since owning it too, by G1 Productions.

I'll try putting an EQ into the X slot when I get the chance, as I've stepped away from it as its annoying me.

The Cabinet slot is off when directed to the Zilla, and the cabinet slot is on when it goes to SPDIF so that its not just sending just the 'Amp' to my interface.
    I've messed around with the EQ on both the Kemper and Logic, to the point that there's still a fuzz to the top end even when its muddy.

I've also messed around with Definiton, Clean Sense, Distortion Sense, and Pure Cabinet to no avail. I really wouldn't want to put this through the FoH with how it sounds through the Main Outs at the moment.

Hey everyone, I just got my Kemper on Saturday and I've already brought some Profiles from G1 Productions, namely the Driftwood packs.
    I've just come to record something using them into Logic 9 via SPDIF into a Saffire Pro 40, and it doesn't sound very usable to me at the moment. Through my Zilla 2x12 Fatboy they sound great, but the Cab sims seem to make stuff too spikey, even the profile of the cab I'm using.

Here are some examples from my soundcloud:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Any tips or settings I've missed?

Thank you in advance.