Posts by music

So, after installing 5.7.4 I activated and disactivated the loop in a rig.

After disactivating there was no red LED and the volume of the rig was much lower than with activated loop.

In the loop there is just a TC Electronics Mimiq Doubler.

The settings of the loop are the same as in 5.7.2 !

I don‘t know why the activation of the loop makes it that much louder in 5.7.4 than in 5.7.2 !!!

Edit: In software 5.7.4: if I lower the volume of the loop (in the loop settings) to -5.0 the volume is about the same than 0 in software 5.7.2 !!!

I quickly checked your backup on 5.7.4 but I do not get any red light in the output LED. Are you experiencing this with any rig or just the ones that have the FX loop activated? Since I do not have anything in my FX loop that would be the difference between our two setups.

Because I‘m on 5.7.2 again, I cannot check this.

I‘m not shure if the red LED was in rigs with no loop, but the red LED was surely there in rigs in which the loop was active.

But the effect I have in the loop and the settings of this effect, were the same on 5.7.2 and 5.7.4 !

So if the loop is the reason of the red LED, there must be some other settings in 5.7.4 by default directly after the update.

I already contacted support and had contact with members of Kemper here in the forum.

None of their advices worked.

It seems that they don't know how to fix it.

The update seems to work for some guys, not for me.

:(

After installing 5.7.4 all rigs were extremly louder than before and the Output LED was permanantly red.

So the Kemper did clipping all the time.

I did not change anything besides the update.

After re-installing 5.7.2 everything was fine again.

So there must be a bug in 5.7.4, and it makes the Kemper useless because of extrem clipping!

So.

I did a global reset and there was NO success.

So I went back directly to 5.7.2 and everything was fine. No problems at all,

no more red LED at Output.

I can only give the advice to everyone: do not load 5.7.4, this software has some bugs!

349-76b2137ec0f53f11d005fcd717af5005685874e1.jpg Quote from slateboy Regarding the fix of migrating older reverb settings, does this still apply if youve already done the previous/last public release (where the problem was identified) or will it only fix things if moving from an earlier version? (i.e. a version before the new reverbs?)

avatar-default.svg Quote from Burkhard fixed: incorrect parameter migration of reverb effects stored before 5.0
    [/quote]

I got that bit paults

What i meant was for users currently on v5.7.2 their reverbs have now been "migrated" as part of that update and it was reported some users found problems with this migration process.

So, if the "corrupt" reverbs exist after the v5.7.2 update and they update to 5.7.4 they are technically not migrating from an earlier version so, what i am asking is, will the OS recognise they are from an older version or think they are "patched"?

I don‘t want to be impolite, but what is the connection to my problem?

Nobody is discussing “better or worse”, and if the blind test bores you, you’re free not to participate in the thread.

There is a comparison of gears and consequently there is a dialogue about „better or worse“, of course.

These discussions we had in this forum again and again.

There can only be one result in such discussions:

The Kemper is the best gear of all besides tube amps!

;)

No. I made an backup just before the update and just after the update.

So I should have the neccessary files.

What do I have to restore after a global reset?

Output and Input settings, Performances, rigs, cabs,...?