Posts by SkippyKemp

Hi,
    I'd suggest that you contact customer support and send it in to Kemper (if you haven't already).

They attempted to fix mine and couldn't find the problem. It occurs randomly and I was never able to record it or make it happen deliberately. So they just made sure everything was working and sent it back to me.

So, just recently, I sent them the link to your audio clip (which is very similar to my problem) and they're sending me a new Powerhead!

Thank-you for sharing that clip! It saved me, big time!!!

And I sincerely hope that either you or Kemper resolve your problem!

Hmmm, this sounds very similar to a problem that I have. I was using a Powerhead while touring overseas and would randomly get a similar sound to yours. It only happened on a distortion patch that i was using. I was never able to create this sound deliberately nor did I get a recording of it. I only experienced this overseas (Europe)-never in the States.

I'm under warranty and sent it off to Kemper for repairs. Sadly they couldn't find anything wrong. I haven't used the PowerHead since. I also have the unpowered rack unit and never experienced this problem. But, I've never taken the rack unit overseas either.

If you're able to solve this problem please share and I'll be extremely grateful!!!