Posts by Jimi1983

Help please. I am probably just doing something stupid. However, I am playing my powered toaster to an external cab. I am connecting the speaker output on the back of the Kemper to my FRFR monitor. I can hear my guitar in the monitor but it is not processed sound, just direct “clean” guitar. I have the “monitor output” set to “git + processing”. When I use “git studio” mode I get the same result. When I switch to “stack” or any other mode the overdrive comes through, but no reverb or modulation. When I use headphones I hear the fully processed sound. Can anyone help me determine how to get fully processed sound to the monitor? Am I doing the outputs wrong? Thanks!

Thanks. I double checked that and everything is set up correctly with respect to the monitor and speaker emulation. I didn't really think that was the problem because I am not having extreme tonal differences as occur without emulation on. I'm starting to think it may come down to the quality of the profiles I was using, even though they had sounded really good with headphones and guitar cab. Perhaps the new monitor is revealing some limitations?

I have been using my powered Kemper with headphones, and with 2 x 12 Port City OS guitar cab over the last year and have been getting the tones out of both. However I decided to pick up an FRFR cab to see if I could get close to the pure Kemper tones since the guitar speaker cabinet colors the models to some degree ( I turn off the Kemper speaker emulation when I use the guitar cab). I'm still very new at this FRFR stuff and have only had the cabinet (Xitone passive 1x12) for a day, but I am finding it hard to consistently dial-in good tones. I have been working to create tones at roughly gig level. I assume I am doing something wrong or am not taking something into account, because I have found dialing in good tones much harder with FRFR cab than through headphones or my guitar cab. Compared to the tones I have gotten historically, I am finding quite a few of the tones (particularly overdriven tones) relatively harsh, with too much high end in most cases ( I do have the speaker emulation engaged ).

Can any of you with more experience with FRF R cabs give me some insight on whether I might be doing something wrong or not taking something into account? I am using the "speaker out" from Kemper and a good quality guitar cable to connect to the cab.
    Thanks!

This is showing my continued lack of sophistication. However I downloaded the new 5.0 operating system and I do not see all of the new delays people have been mentioning. I do see some new names for the delays, but not many of the ones that have been mentioned. Any advice on what I may be doing wrong? Thanks!

I''m looking for a guitar cab to go with my Kemper that is more easily portable that sounds great. I currently have a Port City 2x12os which sounds great with Kemper and Bogner Shiva 20th I have, but it's not a grab and go cab. May go with a 1x12os Port City but wondering what other 1x12 guitar cab/speakers you all might recommend that would work great with Kemper and my Bogner or other amps. I've heard Bogner cubes might be nice but i have no access to them here.

Im still new to Kemper and have not really investigated full range setups. Since I already have the 2x12 guitar cab I'm thinking of sticking with that setup to start out (im assuming i'll need to create my amp sounds while listening thru the intended speaker setup, so i don't want to have to create separate profiles for full range vs guitar cab). If I was to go full range, I'd still like to find a portable 1x12 cab setup. I currently have a small PA with QSC K10s but don't really want to lug around a stereo PA setup. Since K10s are powered I guess I could use one of them alone, but have yet to try it out but will soon. Appears many here suggest K10s leave something to be desired in sound quality with Kemper? Recommendations on portable grab and go 1x12 full range setups?

Hi

Just got a Kemper and love it. I need to upgrade my Mac OS X on my agin MacPro to be compatible with the Kemper librarian software and for other reasons. I'm on Snow Leopard 10.6.8 right now and have confirmed I can upgrade to Yosemite or El Capitan from a tech. I use 11 Rack as my computer audio interface. I'm concerned about potential incompatibility issues with my Eleven Rack, ProTools 8 LE, and other software such as Omnisphere, Superior Drummer. Arturia, etc., if I do so. My computer tech tells me he has heard older Protools and other music software can experience problems with newer operating systems. I've been told by another musician that my Eleven Rack and Pro Tool 8 LE will be compatible with Yosemite but to avoid El Capitan.

I'm really unsophisticated at this stuff. Can anyone help clarify for me whether Eleven Rack and ProTools 8 LE is incompatible with Yosemite or El Capitan? I really want to get going with my Kemper but this is standing in my way! Thanks!

Thanks all - The reference manual states that with the Profiler Operating System 3.2.1.11625 "Rig Manager 1.5 required! Performances created under this operating system are not downward compatible with for example 3.0.2 operating system! Modifications will get lost!" I'm pretty unsophisticated with this stuff. I'm not sure I understand the implications of this since I've never used Rig Manager. If I don't have RM 1.5 will the Kemper not work properly or will it just be more challenging to manage all my profiles on my computer?

I am working to determine whether I can upgrade my dedicated music MacPro computer from Snow Leopard to the latest OS X. My other computer has 10.10.3 Yosemite so that can run Rig Manager 1.5 but I'd prefer not to have to use it (though I can adapt if necessary). However, from a practical standpoint, what happens if I don't have the ability to run 1.5?

Thanks!

Hi - just picked up a used Kemper. Software is "Public Beta 2.4.0 9681B". Appears I'm pretty far behind on doing an update so I plan to do that. However, my dedicated Mac music computer is still on Snow Leopard 10.6.8 so it is not yet comparable with the latest software. I'm planning to upgrade it in a week or so, but was hoping to get started earlier with updating Kemper since right now I'm just using it standalone. Also have another non-dedicated Mac running 10.10.3 Yosemite so that one would be compatible but I won't be using it much for music stuff. Nonetheless I am using it now to download some rigs of potential interest and I could probably use it temporarily for rig manager? Also need to get it registered - hopefully I still have some of the 3 year warranty left, we'll see.

I'm sure there are plenty of threads that touch on different aspects of these questions and I'm going thru them but any advice you all have on getting started and how to optimize use, profiles, etc. would be great appreciated.

So far loving this thing!

Hi- I'm new to the Kemper, but have an opportunity to buy a used powered one for $1,650 (pics attached). It's in good condition but don't know how old it is or firmware. Is this a reasonable price? Are there things I should be consider when buying a used one like this vs a new one? Are all versions upgradable to latest firmware? I'm not sure how to "date" it by looking at it but do have pics. I'm currently running my MacPro with SnowLeopard but am hoping to upgrade soon. Will I need to upgrade before I can use it with my computer?

Thanks!

Jimi