Posts by Steveda30

Hi, just ordered a helix to go with my Kemper to fill a few holes with effects. As I was thinking, could it be possible to run the Kemper without a cab into the helix with two cabs? I am just thinking of the possibilities of two different cabs and mics with the killer sounds of the Kemper. Sorry if this has been asked already. I wasn't able to find much on that.

Thanks.

Hi. I am thinking of going a different direction with controlling my Kemper. Not sure what I should be asking for a price. I have the remote with 2 cables (one was bought as a spare) and 2 mission expression pedals. The remote has been gigged but still works awesome. The expression pedals are newer as well. One is black and one is green. Any help is appreciated.

Hi, this might seem obvious to some, but I have been primarily a Les Paul player for as long as I can remember. I recently bought a PRS CE24 for something different to try. It's amazing how profiles that didn't work with the Les Paul, now work amazingly with the PRS. Also, when the "I need to try something different" feeling come over me, I just switch up a cab on some existing profiles and BAM, the feeling goes away. Such an amazing piece of kit. I gig about 65 shows a year for a cover band which I know isn't a ton, but I still get people coming up and asking what I am playing through. Just wanted to share my excitement.

Steve

Hi, I just wanted to share what happened to me at the last gig and what caused the issue just in case someone else has the same issue. I have a kemper toaster and the remote. I use a Mission expression pedal and connect two cables to 5 and 6 on the remote for volume and wah use. What happened was whenever I stepped on a button on the remote, it went into tuner mode and muted my signal. Very frustrating. I was at a gig and got it working and didn't step on the remote or exp pedal for the rest of that set. Talk about getting to know your volume knob...LOL. That's a different story. Anyway, during set break, I powered down the kemper and it all seemed to work OK after a reboot...then I tried it again for poops and grins, and it started doing the same thing. To make a long and boring story short, it was the trs cable that was causing the issue. There was a short in it somewhere. Replaced that cable and boom, issue gone.

Wanted to pass it along since I have been helped a ton in this forum. Love my kemper, in fact, I have 3 other guitar players in my area that play in local cover bands that have now switched to Kemper's.

Keep Rockin!

Steve

Hi. I just ordered the remote finally and am getting ready to update to the latest released firmware. Where can I find the instructions on what is new and how to use morphing?

Thank you,

Steve

I don't know the weight... But it's not heavy at all. He made the cab. We are going to make one for mine now too. I will post pictures as it goes.

Had to return my powered head with remote as I figured out I only need the non-powered toaster. In the meantime, I had to play a gig with my JVM rig which I still like, but what I wanted to share was the realization of how much bass I had in my amp rig. The kemper has helped me with my other rig to sit better in the mix. I couldn't believe it. I love the low end..like many people, but too much and I got buried by the bass and kick drum.

I decided to make the full leap and get a powered monitor of sorts and just bring my Kemper to gigs. I love the idea of a fast and simple set up. I will be using my pod hd500 as the midi controller.

Ok, that's all I wanted to share. Thanks everyone for the great tips in making the switch over to the Kemper.

Steve

I didn't mean to stir up a bee's nest..LOL. I am just very used to hearing/feeling my guitar cabs. We do use in ears, but have a mic on stage to help with the ambient sound. I have heard my amp through the PA and it usually sounds good, but that is after the sound guy gets it dialed an in the mix. I was just looking for tips/suggestions on how others have made the switch to no cabs, that's all. I love what the kemper does and going to no cab other than a wedge is my goal as this will help with minimal load in/out time as well as consistent tone from night to night.

I had great luck last night at rehearsal to get the wedge to sounds really good. It really is just hearing it differently from what I was used to.

Thanks everyone for your input and discussion. I really like this forum!

Steve

Hi. New owner /user here. Currently play a Marshall jvm410h with either an orange ppc212 or a Marshall 1960 cab. I am looking for others experience in moving away from the whole cab thing to frfr and any suggestions you have to make that transition easier. I do own the powered head and have been trying to make it sound good through the cab but I think I should be focusing on the frfr monitor first.

Thanks for any hints or ideaa from those who maybe have gone through a similar thing.

Steve