Posts by Gsus

Alright, I got some feedback from Focusrite - very responsive and quick, so thumbs up for that :thumbup:.

Actually we have been trying a lot of things.

First of all the current beta driver (available at http://beta.focusrite.com/releases/focusrite_control/) seems to work more reliably - no more blue screens. Yet, the out-of-sync dropouts still appear.

In Standalone mode, i.e., Focusrite 18i20 reset to factory defaults then using the Digial Mixing Preset and no connection to PC, the whole thing works flawlessly. The 18i20 synchronization via S/PDIF works as usual and there are no drop-outs. However, once the USB connection is back online, the out-of-sync issue reappears.

My contact at Focusrite claimed it would be the S/PDIF port of the Kemper. Yet, with a different interface (Tascam US-144 MkII) I don't get such drop-outs. And the S/PDIF port the 18i20 is also working fine. Feeding some audio from the S/PDIF out into the S/PDIF works.

So it stays exciting...

Hi guys,

i've been using the Kemper for some time now and I have never regret the purchase. As you might guess from them title I'm having some issue related to syncing my Focusrite 18i20 with the Kemper using S/PDIF. Previously, I went analog but since the Kemper can now do 48kHz S/PDIF is the way for me to go (I simply like recording in 48kHz). This was all working well for some time, but recently the Focusrite is having problems syncing.

This typically works like this:

1. Boot system (Intel i7 4770S, 32GB of main memory)

2. Switch clock source to S/PDIF

3. Play some notes -> BOOM -> Out of sync
    4. Turn 18i20 on and off -> Works for some time (sometimes minutes) then out of sync again

Switching clock source back to internal yields a stuttering sound coming from the Kemper.

Though I doubt it's the Kemper causing the trouble.

Inside the DAW (Cubase 9.5 with most recent patch) turning the 18i20 on and off after out-of-sync even yields a blue screen, which makes me believe this is a driver issue. And this is a new behavior. Previously, I could simply turn that thing on and off, Cubase did not mind.

I have also tried different S/PDIF cables as suggested in a different thread (SOLVED: Kemper falls out of SPDIF sync with Focusrite Scarlett 18i20) yet they all yield the same behavior.

Does anybody have similar troubles (with other interfaces as well)?

Any suggestions what else might be the cause?

Maybe it is just me :)?

Currently, I'm in contact with Focusrite (just filed the support request).

I'll keep this post up-to-date once I get some (useful) feedback.

Regards,

Gernot