Posts by Harmonious

Hi all,

Harmonious - I'm sorry to hear that you were put off the 2Pre from this review. The problems that db9091 encountered are very unusual, we're not aware of any consistent issues with the Clarett 2Pre either from our own extensive testing or as…

Jack, I take your points. I accept that db9091 may have experienced problems due to his other hardware or other individual issues. I've just bought a high-end MacBook Pro and was considering the Clarett as my interface for my new home studio. I was perturbed to read db9091's account of the Clarettt crashing his Mac, not something I need! I will still consider the Clarett. I am in England and have heard good things about Focusrite's support. If I do decide to buy, I certainly hope they would help me resolve any manufacturing problems or other issues.

Thank you very much for posting this review. I was literally minutes away from buying one, but searched for some reviews first. I had no idea about the dodgy reliabilty and poor build quality/QC. You've saved me making an expensive mistake, I will explore alternative thunderbolt interfaces. Thanks again.