Posts by Punce

Right now my favourite profiles for my Les Paul is TopJimi's AFD modded Marshall. Absolutely amazing for old school rock n roll :)

Thanks for this Mike.
    A friend of mine was riffing away on my LP when I changed to this profile, his eyes lit up and immediately started playing The Ocean by Led Zep. He was blown away by it.
    So later I plugged in a Washburn N4 on middle neck + bridge position, and there was most of Nuno's Punchline sounds. Had loads of fun with this

Had a go today, just getting a feel of it.
    Haven't upgraded the firmware or downloaded any profiles yet, just what came from the factory. I definitely need to twiddle n tweak.
    Tried playing through 3 different outputs. Headphones, Studio monitors (old Samson Resolv 65a) and through the return on my H&K triamp with matching 4x12 cab. The sounds through the amp were pretty good, but through the other methods most of them sounded awful. There were a couple that weren't too bad.
    Should have another go tomorrow with the rig exchange, and some more reading!

I've been lurking here for a while, soaking it all in to see if the kemper is right for me.
    All of your feedback has made me order one. I'll be expecting delivery of my white toaster tomorrow.
    Now I need to find that post that helps newbies get to grips with it.
    I'll be profiling my H&K Triamp mk1 that I currently love, and a whole load of ADA MP1 patches that I turn to now and again (if that's possible). Perhaps someone has already made some great ones

Mark

BTW. I've just ordered the white one. It will actually look great on my white desk. Even my wife is happy with my choice hahaha.
    Can't wait for Wednesday :)

Yeah I've just found them. They're called skins. Just do a search for kemper skins and you'll find a facebook page of a guy selling them for $50 in US and a bit more internationally

No I'm not referring to a Michael Jackson hit.

Just searching for the best price in the UK for my very first unpowered toaster. I found one place selling it for a decent price, but black is out of stock. They do however have a white one for sale.
    Is this just old stock? As I didn't think they made the white face ones now.
    I know there are no differences between the 2 other than colour, but should I be a little concerned that I'm not buying the most recently made?
    Thanks

Thanks for all of your replies. I think I'll go unpowered playing through studio monitors to begin with. Then look for a dxr10 when I'm after the power.

Side thought: what is the touch response like? Would you be able to tell the difference between the kemper and a tube amp with a blindfold on? That is one big worry that I have. All digital gear I've used in the past has no life in the fingers and truly uninspiring.

Thanks.
    So I'm set on getting the unpowered head. For the time being i can use it through an old pair of Samson Resolv 65a studio speakers and a pair of Sennheiser HD580 headphones.
    But I'm sure I'll get the craving for pushing air as I do with my H&K Triamp mk1 through 4x12 cab, but I'll be selling that to partly fund the kemper.
    80% of the time I'll be practising, recording and playing for fun.
    The other 20% will be jamming with friends so would have to hear it while playing next to the hard hitting drummer.

Thinking of price and performance...
    Is it better to go for an unpowered kemper with active monitors (down the lines of dxr10)?
    Or a powerhead with passive monitors?
    Suggestions and advice welcome
    Trying to figure it all out before I place an order

Thanks for the excellent information! I'll take a look at the mustangs.
    I have just found out that it is possible to modify the older vt amps to have a send/return loop, so my options are wide open.
    Maybe I should get the kpa first and hear it through my samson resolv monitors first. Then maybe look at a combo or powered monitor at a later date.

I'm close to buying my 1st kpa after months of reading.
    It will be used mainly for recording, which will be listened through studio monitors or headphones. But I am also considering buying a combo amp due to size restrictions and portability for rehearsals etc. The other day I played through a friend's VOX VT50 and was pretty impressed with it. Then I started thinking, what if I played the kpa through one of these? You know, just for those times I wanna crank it up. But then I noticed that it did not have an fx loop. (Apparently the VT100 has the loop, not sure of the VT+ or indeed the VTX)
    First question, has anybody had any experience with the VOX VT amps with the Kemper?
    Should I steer clear of any amp without an fx loop?

I just want to get these 2 purchases right (for now ) ^^